3rd time lucky

Jumbly

I did a successful W30 just over a year ago, started another in March this year but didn't make it all the way. Poor planning was to blame.

Started my 3rd W30 today, having only decided right before bed last night that I was going to do this. For various reasons a lot of things in my life are chaotic at the moment and this is definitely spilling over into my eating. I'm not feeling very good about my diet at the moment. So it's time to regain control.

I'll be logging my eats here as I find it a really useful way to keep track of my progress.

Day 1.

Breakfast - few slices of nitrate/additive free chorizo, 3 eggs, one apple, cherry tomatoes, spoon of almond butter.

hi Jumbly :) well done for diving right in!

just a couple of thoughts - nitrates aren't an issue, but make sure your chorizo isn't made with sulphites, sugar/sweeteners, or any other non compliant ingredients. it might make it easier for you to find compliant options if you aren't worried about nitrates as well.

perhaps it was because you had no prep time, but I think your meal is low in vegies - aim for 2-3 cups per meal.

hi Jumbly :) well done for diving right in!

just a couple of thoughts - nitrates aren't an issue, but make sure your chorizo isn't made with sulphites, sugar/sweeteners, or any other non compliant ingredients. it might make it easier for you to find compliant options if you aren't worried about nitrates as well.

perhaps it was because you had no prep time, but I think your meal is low in vegies - aim for 2-3 cups per meal.

Thanks for that! I thought Nitrates were something to be avoided. The chorizo I buy is really good. Ingredients are pork, salt and spices.

Was definitely low on veggies this morning. Hitting the grocery store later so this won't be an issue from now on.

The rest of Day 1 eats

Lunch - big green salad, olives, can of tuna, drizzle of olive oil

Dinner - garlic and basil chicken, sweet potato and parsnips roasted in ghee, generous portion of kale/cabbage. Small handful of almonds, two dates.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops! Haven't been doing very well at keeping up to date here, but am still chugging away at the W30. Pleased to say that after 10 days I'm in a pair of jeans I haven't been able to button up for a while. Generally feeling really good.

Archived