I have MS and FMS plus chronic depression and migraines

Hello,

I have RRMS, FMS, plus although chronic depression and migraines are part of both, I have these as separate conditions as well.

Pain is very hard but my MAIN problem is extreme fatigue. I use a product called Zipp Fizz to help me with this instead of medication. Coffee no longer helps. Zip Fizz contains sugar and other vitamins, etc.

Not only that but I must take several times a day medications for spacisty issues that cause my FMS to be very painful. 2 I take at nit make it difficult to wake up early to start a routine.

I am prepared to do whatever it takes. Ut being a pro photographer, mother to an active 5 year old and a married woman, fatigue is my worst enemy.

What do you suggest that I do?

Thanks!

While a caffeinated product like ZipFizz will give you temporary "energy", you have to remember that it's a stimulant drug, and chronic reliance on chemical stimulants just to "survive" is not a good plan. That being said, you do have to function, and I won't impose my recommendations onto the challenges of your life. If you're eating enough nutrient-dense food (i.e. the Whole30), you shouldn't need the additional broad spectrum vitamins from the ZipFizz; as far as the caffeine goes, coffee is a much more natural (and not artificially sweetened!) way to get caffeine if you absolutely cannot survive without it (for now). The challenges of your conditions may make transitioning to a Whole30 tough, but you can do it! Stay connected here for resources and support, and make sure you're addressing other lifestyle factors as well: sleep, stress, appropriate exercise, etc. Food is super-important, but it's not the only factor! Good luck on your Whole30.

Dallas

Ok thank you. I just have so much on my plate of work to do. I did the black coffee all day yesterday and I ended up taking a 2 hour nap, thus loosing out on valuable work time. I'm going to do my very best. I realize that my situation is different than others. It's the fatigue that's killing me :(

Thanks for the link, but I have heard of it and I was tested for that and everything under the sun. My MRIs and tests are all positive for MS and I have the classic symptoms for FMS. when I was younger I suffered from migraines since the first grade and then later on in my mid twenties I was then diagnosed with the depression. Both migraines and chronic depression run on my mother's side of the family.

• 4 weeks later...

Photoadele, what is FMS?

How are you doing, a month in to this nutritional intervention?

I used to talke Ritalin (a prescription stimulant) every day to allow me to work despite huge energy crashes and trouble concentrating. I tried going off the ritalin, gained a lot of weight, and didn't get much work done... until i started eating paleo six months later. Without sugar and gluten sending me on a blood-sugar roller coaster ride, my energy levels evened out, and I can now work a full day at a high level without ritalin. (I usually have 2 cups of coffee a day, though.)

Have you seen Terry Wahls' talk on how she cured her MS through diet? WATCH THIS NOW.

-benji

I'm doing well. I've been sent that video by several friends lol!

I've never been on that medication before. That's great to hear that you are doing so well!

I'm sleeping better but because of th Fibro I tend to still be in pain. Just the way it is. I still keep to my regiment of medications, but I have been slowly trying foods that I stopped eating. Pastas and refined wheat and starches like that wreck havoc on my system. So I'm going to go gluten free. howver popcorn and regular corn do not bother me at all and rice is not a problem.

I have started to try a little local honey, however that's all I have all day and I'm doing very well. However even without the sugar, I still have a hard time with fatigue.

Fatigue is the worse, but my dressing is better, so that's a plus!

I have lost some weight but people have noticed that I look healthier now, so that's a huge plus for me. I still tend to get migraines, but not as bad, but bad enough I still need to take something

• 2 months later...

I know I'm coming in to this thread really late, but I have found the combination of being gluten free and supplementing with magnesium has gotten rid of 90% of my migraines. I was getting them about every other week and they lasted for 3 days, like clockwork. The slowed down a bit when I ditched the gluten, but even more when I added the magnesium. Now I maybe get one every 2nd or 3rd month and they go away much faster.

Just one more thing you could try that's simple and has hardly any risk.

Archived