Whole 30 for PCOS

Steptodance

Getting very excited about doing my first Whole 30 on January 1. I have PCOS and have been trying all kinds of things to try and relieve my symptoms, all the success stories have been through Paleo lifestyles and extra supplements. I have been gluten free since this summer and milk free for two weeks and you can see a difference in my body and I can feel it healing but I am still having lots of migraine issues among many other issues from the PCOS. I look forward to cleaning out my kitchen this weekend and meal planning. I am ready to feel better and I feel like this is going to be a move in the right direction. Can't wait.

Good luck!  This is my first whole30 also.  I am on Day 5 and things are getting better.  I had a headache for a few days and the evening cravings were tough the first few days but seem to be getting better.  I have also been gluten free since this summer when I had a huge GI flare up and have been mostly paleo for the past 2 months.  Dairy is one of the things I don't eat a lot of, but I want to see what happens at the reintroduction phase.  I feel like I am always cooking but I'm actually enjoying that.  My kids are not so happy with everything since at least before I was making them muffins and pancakes with almond flour.

My friends that have migraines say that folic acid and a B complex pill or shots help.  I am starting to work with a nutritionist about what supplements and amino acids I need for my issues.

Have fun!

Amy

Archived