First Whole 30 to begin a New Year.

GabGunter

Tomorrow I will begin my first Whole 30!  I am so excited for this detox from all the delicious, but not-so-healthy, things I ate over my family's vacation.  We just got back this evening so we still have to grocery shop for the next week, but I do have a plan for tomorrow.

For breakfast, omelet with spinach and onions.  

Lunch: a spinach salad with dried cranberries (I know this isn't the best option, but I'm limited to what is currently in my house...  That should also explain all the spinach), chicken, and a couple pistachios. Umm.. not really sure about dinner yet.  Probably a meat, some roasted veggies?  

My family and I eat clean the majority of the time, so the biggest challenge I will face from the Whole 30 will be not eating cheese, grain (Really?  No quinoa? .. sigh ..), and alcohol.  But I keep telling myself that it's only 30 days! Gouda, quinoa, and Pinot Noir will still exist on February 1.  

See ya on the flipside..

Tomorrow I will begin my first Whole 30!  I am so excited for this detox from all the delicious, but not-so-healthy, things I ate over my family's vacation.  We just got back this evening so we still have to grocery shop for the next week, but I do have a plan for tomorrow.

For breakfast, omelet with spinach and onions.  

Lunch: a spinach salad with dried cranberries (I know this isn't the best option, but I'm limited to what is currently in my house...  That should also explain all the spinach), chicken, and a couple pistachios. Umm.. not really sure about dinner yet.  Probably a meat, some roasted veggies?  

My family and I eat clean the majority of the time, so the biggest challenge I will face from the Whole 30 will be not eating cheese, grain (Really?  No quinoa? .. sigh ..), and alcohol.  But I keep telling myself that it's only 30 days! Gouda, quinoa, and Pinot Noir will still exist on February 1.  

See ya on the flipside..

Check the ingredients of the dried cranberries. Many dried fruit can have sugar or sulfur dioxide, neither of which is ok on a Whole30.

So, here it goes.  

Yesterday- January 2nd- started out well enough.  I didn't wake up with enough time to eat breakfast and workout, so I only had a hardboiled egg and coffee.

For lunch, I had a spinach salad with chicken, a hard-boiled egg, and pistachios.

I didn't have enough groceries on hand to pack a filling enough lunch (because we just got home from vacation), so I wound up having a snack at around 4:30.  It was a grapefruit and a mini chicken and spinach salad.  

Dinner was a piece of cilantro lime chicken with roasted broccoli.

A nearly perfect day... and then my husband asked if I wanted to watch the Alabama game and drink some beers... and I said yes.  I thought about not admitting this in my accountability, as I am keeping a paper log as well.  I started over on paper.  I considered just adding an extra day to this accountability, and not admitting my failure.  But then I realized... there's no point in keeping track in this forum if I'm not going to be honest.  

So..  Yesterday was a great practice day.  

Today is my true Day 1.  January 3rd.

Breakfast:  I had 1/2 a grapefruit; 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites with kale and pecans; coffee and water.  

For lunch, I have leftover chicken and broccoli from dinner last night, as well as a spinach salad with a hard-boiled egg.  I might bring a small apple in case of an emergency.  

See, I usually work until 7PM or so, so I often eat breakfast at 9AM, lunch around 2:00, and don't get a chance to eat dinner until 8PM or later.  Less often, I go into work at 7AM and get off at 3PM, so those days are a little more manageable since I can get dinner on the table in a more timely fashion.  

For dinner tonight, we will most likely do some sort of fish with brussel sprouts..  

Dinner last night was blackened salmon with roasted brussels.  

Day 2 

Breakfast: sweet potato and apple hash with an egg and walnuts, 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch (sort of): an apple and some almonds.  I was in a hurry, so...  

Dinner tonight will be Chilean sea bass, not sure what veggies yet..  

Archived