First Whole30!

ErinL

Today is the start of my first Whole30. My husband will be starting with me in the next few days. 

Breakfast this morning:

2 meatballs and 1 pork chop out of WF2's Old School Italian Meat Sauce

yellow squash, zucchini, and onion sauteed in coconut oil with some salt, garlic, and chili powder

1 clementine

cup of hot tea with an added tsp. of coconut oil

glass of water

Right now I have no idea what I'm doing for lunch. The option to go the store and stock up is out of the question. We are currently under a winter storm warning and the snow is piling up! Might just be that we do eggs!

Dinner will be the Turkey and Cranberry meatballs from WF2, some roasted sweet potatoes, possibly some beets b/c we love them!, and some broccoli.

I was worried about my tea. I always add SweetLeaf to it. I almost didn't drink it this morning, but it's really okay!! That was my first hurdle, and it's done with no problems! 

Lunch was scrambled eggs for the kids. They made them!

For me, it was a chicken breast, squash, zucchini, onion sauteed in coconut oil, then simmered in Rotel tomatoes! Yummy!!! Oh, and another clementine! I love clementines!!!

Somewhere in there will be more water and another cup of tea!

Breakfast Day 2:

2 eggs fried in coconut oil, leftover beets

Hot tea with added coconut oil

clementine

Lunch was a fail. We were gone and I didn't think we would be as long as we were. Water, clementine, 2 bites of a chicken wrap thingy.

Dinner was yummy though! Pan fried steak with roasted sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli with a red wine vinegrette over it!

Day 3 is going well so far!

Breakfast was leftover steak sauteed in the reserved pan juices from last night and a clementine. Oh, and cup of hot tea with some cinnamon and coconut oil added and a glass of water. 

Lunch was leftover chicken, squash, and zucchini simmered in Rotel tomatoes with iced tea

Dinner is shaping up to be a fritatta with some protein, veggies and maybe some sauteed kale with garlic. I've made it before and didn't like it too much, but I love it in soup, so I'll try again.

The fritatta was super yummy!!! We fried some kale to go with it and it was yummy too! I've only ever used it soups, so I wasn't sure about how it would taste sauteed. I had some fresh blackberries after dinner while we watched a movie. My husband had some chocolate thingies and I was surprised that I really didn't even want one.

Breakfast Day 4

leftover fritatta

hot tea

banana

Lunch:

3 slices bacon fried with 1/2 head cabbage

2 eggs fried in coconut oil

1 clementine

Made chocolate chili for dinner. Ate a bowl of that with 2 clementines and a kiwi for dinner

Archived