Day one tomorrow, a little nervous

Greatscott

I have been doing crossfit for around 3 years now and have been sceptical about the Paleo approach. A combination of being diagnosed with Crohn's disease and the visible results of my friends efforts in relation to the Whole30 have finally brought me to this juncture. I have the food, the desire and hopefully the will to see this through.

It has been great to read about how many people In the world have done this, are doing it now and are thinking about taking on the Whole30 in the future.

As I am typing this my eldest son just asked me what I think the sugar dragon might look like, scary I am sure.

John Mace

Hey! Welcome to your first Whole30. It's a really cool endeavor, and even though 30 days can seem daunting at first, it's worth it. If you find yourself in need of encouragement, meal ideas, etc., this forum and its moderators are excellent resources for information and support.

Have a terrific day and good luck with the start tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, So I haven't been following up on my log, meals etc, but I have been sticking to the plan. I learned to hate Avacados and then love them again. I get up and can't wait to cook my 3 egg omelette with tomatoes (from the garden) mushrooms and spinach (with the occaisioanl spice, to change things up a little). Today is day 13 and holy crap, I am feeling brilliant. The one thing I really wanted to share though (as my four year old didn't quite get it this morning and my wife is away with our eldest enjoying the beach) is I discovered strawberries for the first time. I opened the box to make my sons breakfast (he is fruit crazy) and was assaulted by this sweet fragrance. I couldn't resist trying one and it was like a sensory explosion. I realised that I had no idea what strawberries tasted like. If nothing else, thankyou Whole9 for introducing me to something I have been missing for forty years. I can't wait for the next discovery. John

Archived