Eggs & Sweet Potatoes- How many is too much?

My boyfriend and I started the Whole30 on January 2. This is my second round and his first! We have been eating about three eggs a day- two for breakfast and one hard boiled egg for snack or with lunch. Is this too many? 

Also, sweet potatoes were my favorite thing to eat during my last Whole30. I ate them about every other day. I lost about 7 pounds during my last round, which I was happy with. I would like to lose about 10 pounds this round and I am hoping cutting back on sweet potatoes will help. How many is too many? I was thinking one a week would be a good limit. I know weight loss is not the goal, but I am using this program to help me change my negative yo-yo dieting and put me on track for steady, consistent healthy eating. I still need the motivation though from the scale (which I will only use on day 30, not throughout). 

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Get your head out of the "no carb" mentality with the sweet potatoes. I have sweet potatoes every single week and not just because they are compliant - because they are satisfying and versatile and tasty and so good for you. So if you lose 7 pounds again instead of 10 pounds - those 3 pounds will be WORTH it because the sweet potatoes will keep you so much happier than only veggies and meat. 

Archived