Day 4 of 1st whole 30

Kryztle

I slept decent last night, first time since starting whole 30. Woke up with energy and feeling positive..for breakfast I made an egg scrambler which consisted of: eggs, grass fed pork, spinach, broccoli, chives, sage, red pepper, black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, fried in coconut oil. I also enjoyed my coffee with coconut milk. I will post my lunch and dinner as I go. It is 9 am where I am. Have a great day whole 30's!!! We can do this!! :)

I am on day 2. Your breakfast sounds yummy. The first meal seems to stump me the most and I really need to plan the most for it. Because mornings are crazy with getting kids to school and than straight to workout class. In the past, I always grabbed someting on the go, but never enough because late afternoon, early evening when I did have time to slow down, I would eat anything and everything.

Bean, what I do is make enough for a day or 2 so as soon as I am ready I heat that up and enjoy it! It really does help my mornings tremendously! How is your Day 2 going so far? I had a pretty emotional Day 3....Day 2 was my head ache and shakes day...but I am so happy I fought through it and if you are having these, I know you can fight through it too!!! Keep in touch and know that you can do this!!

Thank you. Day 2 is going okay. I think I had the sugar withdrawls starting last night with crankiness, tired, pain. So just went to bed. Did not want to be tempted to go into the kitchen. Today I woke up and found out I was adding almond milk with Carrageenan in it to my coffee so that was an eye opener. And we are totally home bound because of massive snow and ice, so I started without all the right tools as in a stocked fridge, so making do but need to stock up on some stuff so I can make extras. And that ground pork is on my list!!!!

Yeah whole 30 doesn't want any dairy! I got advice from others on here and they told me to use coconut milk in my coffee. Believe it or not it's pretty good...not as sweet as I like my coffee though...that will change with time :) make sure to read ingredients with the coconut milk and anything you buy!! You can do this. I'm under snow storm as well so I understand being snowed in and all you can do it do your best :)

Lunch I had a chicken stir fry. I'm in a snow storm so was not able to get any peppers so I made due...

Chicken, carrots, mushrooms, onion, broccoli, red pepper seasoning all sautéed in ghee. Coconut aminos over the top and an orange...

Such a yummy and quick meal!!

Dinner I enjoyed skillet sweet potatoes (my new favorite!!) grass fed hamburger stuffed with homemade ranch from ISWF, onion, and spinach on top of baby lettuces, and green beans! I feel awesome for it being Day 4 and suppose to be my kill me all day, this could be because I am snowed in and not working...we shall see how tomorrow goes with working lol!!! Hope everyone is doing great! I know you are :)

Day 5 started at 6:30 when my alarm went off.. I still did not sleep well. I wonder what is goin on. I laid in bed at 830 and was still looking at clock at 11:42..my brain won't shut off. But when my alarm went off I didn't hit snooze for once, so that's plus! First day back to work after this snow storm so wish me luck!! Woke up cramping but have energy! For breakfast I heated up what I had yesterday (see above) but added green beans for more vegetables! I will continue to write as I eat. Have a great day/night everyone I am ready to rock Day 5!

Wow! You are doing so good on your vegetables!! I'm still working up to that. I like my salads and my onions and peppers, but this time around I'm having a hard time eating more veggies. I'm trying though. I am making a shepard's pie tonight so I will put different veggies in there and top it with mashed cauliflower. Have a great day girl!! :)

Day 5 lunch leftovers from Day 4 dinner but added a apple (see above)

Dinner: salad with avocado, ranch, hamburger, and green beans... Day 5 is going great for me! Have tons of energy and not starving between meals...now if I can get my sleep going. Ready for Day 6!

Day 6 slept better last night but was still up throughout night. Not feeling well today, have a horrible head ache and sore throat/cough. I was starving at breakfast but could barely eat. I made myself eat a little over 1/2 of it..

Breakfast: Egg scrambler with broccoli, pork, spinach, chives in coconut oil and skillet sweet potatoes.

The recipe I followed for the shepherd's pie was from Melissa Joulwan over at The Clothes Make The Girl. I changed it quite a bit though. I didn't have any lamb, so I used ground beef, and I didn't have any W30 compliant broth yet, so I let the meat carmelize a little, then I added a little fish sauce and water. The meat mixture was phenomenal! The cauliflower topping, epic failure! :) At least it's layered though, because I could simply scrape off the topping and keep the meat to throw in eggs or something. This recipe is fun because you can do just about whatever you want with it! I might actually try sweet potatoes for a topping next time......feel better girl!

Feeling horrible!!! Made myself eat lunch. Eggs in extra virgin olive oil with pepper and sea salt, skillet sweet potato, and an orange. I'm really hoping to be feeling better soon!! Not being able to take any medicine is killing me but I am sticking to this program!!

Oh no!!! Well certainly don't say you've failed! That is nasty stuff going on. I just read somewhere that all the ICU beds in WA, OR, and ID are full! They are transferring patients to CA or farther E/SE. Scary. I'm so sorry you got such a nasty bug. I hope you'll keep in touch on here and be able to start as soon as you are up for it! Definitely take care of you though, and again, PLEASE don't look at it like a failure! Get well girl :)

Thank you Julie!!! I'm still gonna follow this and keep in touch! I'm gonna be watching all you and staying on ya :) I will be back hopefully in a week or less to start over, ugh!! And you will have a little over a week left by time I get back, right?? You go girl!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived