Day 8 - Nearly messed up

Chati

I´ve had a pretty stressful " day at the office" wondering why does my boss feels he can put me down and be a pain in the backside just because he pays me a wage and he´s stressed out. 

I very much felt like heading for the nearest tapa bar when I  left ( the bar being more interesting to me than the tapas) 

Instead I cried most of the way here, ( running through my head all the things I´m going to say to him tomorrow )  ate my Whole 30 lunch ( not a lot wrecks my appetite ) and came on here. 

Now I´m calmer I realize that these days are going to happen and I MUST MUST learn to cope with them without turning to food and drink. 

One down ........ to go.   :blink:

I¨m glad to be here and still working at it.

Good for you!  This journey is about so much more than 30 days worth of food choices.  And you are right, unless we learn new coping mechanisms, we will undo all the benefit quickly by resorting to bad old habits.  There was a time when a pizza or a bottle of wine were my go-to items for a day like yours.  What I can tell you is that after a while, as your body detoxes and your hormones regulate, you are not as bothered by people like that.  It's like nature's own little Prozac to eat healthy and ride out the storms.  Congrats!

Thanks Maryann. 

Even though I´ve been sort of upset today I don´t think deep down it´s unsettled me quite as much. If you know what I mean.

I love that idea of natures own little Prozac and I can see what you´re saying. 

Funny, I started this rather half heartedly ( just knew I had to do something ) but now I´m getting more enthusiastic about it all.

I know early days, early days... ;) Lots to got through yet. 

I have found that I'm being better to myself in non-food ways because of whole30. I don't stay late at work, I prioritize me time, and I called someone out for treating me rudely at work and stood up for myself annnnnd got an intense apology from that teenage boy (miracle!) there are other ways to be good to yourself besides food and alcohol!!!

Archived