Miranda's Whole30 (Start date Jan 31st)

mlynnm9

I am officially preparing to start the Whole30 challenge tomorrow (January 31st 2014) and I am kind of nervous but very excited. I know someone who has completed the challenge and I know it was hard but it is worth a shot. I need to be disciplined which will probably be the hardest part. Snack food is my problem and I have tried cutting it out before but saw little success. I hope this is my chance for change :)

Hopefully with some motivation and the help of this forum I can complete this challenge!

So I got through Day 1 with no problems! Woo! 

It has been more challenging than I thought it would be because I am a residence life don/assistant at my university so I have to eat from a cafeteria but I am managing so far, I am just going to have to get creative. 

Here is my meal log from today:

Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with bell peppers, onions, spinach and mushrooms

Lunch: Mixed vegetables and a large garden salad with a green peppermint tea

Dinner: Cooked bell peppers and red onions with chicken breast on a spinach salad with light seasoning 

Worked on cardio today for approx. 45mins

Let's see what tomorrow has in store! 

Day 2:

Pre workout/Breakfast: 2 eggs easy over and a handful of cashews

Post workout/lunch: Plate of vegetables and a 2 egg omelet with onions, bell peppers and spinach

Dinner: Vegetable stir-fry with a chicken breast and a small portion of fruit and a herbal tea

Went to the gym in the late morning for an hour, 20 mins of cardio and then upper body exercises, doing stairs tonight. 

I am feeling better about myself and feeling very motivated just have to keep it up, Day 3 bring it on!

Day 3! 

Got through today, its was a little more challenging because getting creative with cafeteria food is trying but day three is complete successfully! Feeling a little tired but still positive.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and vegetables on the side

Post Workout: Large plate of vegetables

Lunch: Large spinach salad with bell peppers, onions, cucumbers, turkey and 1 hard boiled egg

Dinner: Beef steak with cooked bell peppers and onions on a spinach salad with cucumbers and cashews

Went to the gym again today for an hour, some cardio and did legs and core.

Bring on Day 4 :)

Most of my meals have been cooked with extra-virgin olive oil and I have been eating cashews. I'm not sure what else is a card dense food I can eat as the ones listed on the template are not available to me at this time. Thanks for the feed back!

Carb dense veggies include sweet potato, winter squash, beets, carrots, jicama, plantains, rutabaga, and parsnips.

If you're sauteeing with olive oil, much of that stays behind in the pan, so you may need to add some more fat after cooking.

Guest Wheat on Trial

Hey there! Just wanted to wish you luck as I worked in res life in a past life... No grass fed beef at my cafeteria as I recall. Keep up the good work ( on day 21 myself and feeling great!)

Day 4: So today was really challenging, especially around dinner time, there was nothing really offered in the Cafeteria that I could eat so I had to get creative again.

Breakfast: 3 eggs easy over and green tea

Lunch: Garden salad and vegetables on the side with cashews

Dinner: Grilled Chicken breast on a large salad with celery and cucumbers on the side.

This was the first time in a while that I am actually feeling full after meals so I am assuming that my stomach is adjusting to the changes I have been making!

I'm feeling good and even though it's only been 4 days I am already seeing some changes in my stomach. Good food = Good results :)

Day 5: Today was pretty decent, was faced with a lot of temptation today but didn't even consider cracking! Tomorrow will be the hard part... my friend won tickets to see Florida Georgia Line and I'm going with her so I hoping there will be healthy alternatives to the snacks provided. Fingers Crossed. 

Breakfast: 3 hard boiled eggs

Lunch: Vegetable stir fry with chicken including spinach, onions, bok choy, cauliflower, bell peppers and some fresh veggies and a few grapes on the side.

Dinner: Steak and lots of steamed vegetables

Day 6 begins tomorrow... lets keep it going. 

Good advice... and yes, definitely getting there but I guess there could be worse things to eat every day....?  

Today I have been feeling kinda nauseous, I feel like my appetite is kind of lacking but I'm not sure why and I have food to eat I am just not sure how my stomach is feeling about food today. 

Ahhhh Day 6, 7 and 8 for me were a low point too. I wasn't feeling in the mood for breakfast, i was tired in the morning and i was struggling to make new recipes for food.

Stick with it and you'll come out on the other side in a few days. Do some Googling for fun Whole 30 recipes and make an effort to test them out. 

Today's day 7! Wooo a whole week of whole30 almost done! feels good :) Been a lot of challenges so I'm so happy I'm here and going strong! So hard to get up this morning... lol anyway here's yesterdays food log!

Day 6:

Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy ( I wasn't feeling very hungry)

Lunch: Small stir-fry and a large salad

Dinner: Mixed veggies with cashews and turkey

Food log from Day 7:

Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with onions, bell peppers and spinach

Lunch: Chicken and vegetable soup and a smoothie made with coconut water, avocado and banana

Dinner: Salad and veggies with a grilled chicken breast

Today is Day 8!

Yesterday I was feeling really low, and all I wanted was chocolate, cookies and ice cream. I was so miserable and was ready to give up. The problem is I have dinner at 6 and then I still end up staying up until around 12am if not later so I get hungry again, and I just miss the sweetness of chocolate... especially nutella. 

I want it so bad but I know if I give up I will hate myself for it and feel awful afterwards.

So now here I am on Day 8 and I am starting to see a few changes in my midsection so I hoping that this will only continue so that it will continue to motivate me to keep going.  

Smoothies are discouraged on a Whole30. The idea is to chew your food vs. drink it, as chewing is more satiating. So eat the whole banana and slice up that avocado (could even top your soup with it).

On the coconut water, other than confirming it's compliant, the recommendation is to use it only for rehydration (e.g., after an intense workout, for example). Don't let it take the place of your daily water consumption.

Archived