gretchen's whole 30 food log

gretchen

I am starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow! I must say that I am stoked to start this journey and scared out of my mind at the same time. I want to succeed so bad for myself, but I do not want to let myself down either!

I will track my food starting tomorrow morning. Oh, and my diet has been of crap lately... I know I am in store for a miserable first few days! But honestly, I feel like crap generally speaking, so hopefully at the end of 30 days I will have more energy, increased clarity, and a body that actually functions normally :)

Cheers xx

Ok, so yesterday I ate:

breakfast: 2 eggs + half avocado

lunch: garden salad + chicken strips

dinner: cilantro lime chicken + broccoli

snacks: apple, cashews, 4 small strawberries

water: 3 nalgenes (3000ml/96oz)

I went to bed at 7:00pm and woke up at 6:45 am this morning (I live in Kenya, so GMT+3). I had a terrible headache last night, to the point of wanting to vomit because it hurt so bad. This morning I feel better, but I can feel some cravings coming on- didn't have any yesterday. I feel a bit cranky and tired, and want a coke to drink. LOL.

Here is to day two! I can't wait to feel better. Oh, and my starting weight yesterday= 152.8 lbs.

Day two:

2 eggs with 1/2 avocado and tomato

1 chicken breast

1 apple

5 strawberries

1 sweet potato

homemade guacamole

I meant to eat a burger with dinner, but we got bad meat from the butcher (shocking- or not- UGH!).

I felt tired by the end of the day. Woke up this morning (Day 3) and feel a lot better!

Day 4:

1 egg & banana

1/4 cup cashews

sweet potato & beef stew (carrots, tomato, onion) x2- lunch and dinner

This is hard here because the price of meat is 3x that of in the States! We are keeping with it, but it is hard when beans and rice are dirt cheap, while 1 pound of chicken=10$! We eat a lot of leftovers, so that is why there is one thing for two meals.

Archived