Day 8 Pain while battling Fibromyalgia and Detox

AltDoc

Hello all!  Today is my day 8 of the Whole30 and I am in unbelievable pain.  I have battled Fibromyalgia for many years, and suspected MS.  I know this program will eventually help me feel better and improve my health, so I am trying so hard to stick with it.  Any advice or words of encouragement to get me through until I get on the other side of the hideous pain would be very welcome!  

I have fibromyalgia also.  It is one of the reasons I'm doing the Whole 90, I'll try just about anything if there is a possibility of some pain relief.  Today is day 7 for me.  I've been doing pretty good but have had two painful days.  I can't tell if that is the Whole 30 or just a normal bad day.  Since this is my first time through I don't have much advise, but I can offer encouragement.  It is just 30 days and if you feel better at the end it will be worth it.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.  Hang in there.

Sara

Thanks Sara.  All I have dont the last few days is work and try to get some rest.  I keep telling myself I will feel better, too.  Not many people understand what we, with Fibro, go through.  It is hard to tell if it is just a really bad day or not and we have had a lot of high and low pressure systems come through here the last few weeks.  I live in the mountains in Idaho and we have had a really bad winter.  I have done this (even more strict than the Whole 30) once before 17 yrs ago. Being much younger it didn't include the horrific pain of advanced Fibro, but I can say that I felt like a million bucks when done.  That is my driving force.  My pain is still higher than normal, but I think it is turning around.  Thank you for the words of encouragement.  Let me know how you are doing along your journey.

I can't say I can even remotely relate to what you're going through, but the fact that you are making this amazing lifestyle change is fantastic. Woman like you are an inspiration. Keep it up. I'm sure I speak for others that we cannot wait to see how well you do!

• 1 month later...

Archived