Overseas travel strategies?

Rachel7

In a couple of weeks, my husband and I will be leaving for a 10 day tour in Israel. We finished our first W30 on February 2, but have remained mostly compliant. (I reintro'ed dairy, but haven't felt the need to have it anymore, though my system seems to handle it ok. I accidentally had soy in the form of modified food starch on some almonds and it was a baaaaaaad experience. Other than that, I haven't tried gluten or straight up legumes yet, as I don't really want any, but am thinking I probably should before I go, just so I can know what kind of reaction to expect if any.) I have stocked up on packets of salmon, almond butter, even coconut flesh.

What I'm concerned about is produce. I know NOTHING about the food in Israel and am excited to try new things, but I am concerned that I won't be getting enough veggies in.

I'm wondering about bringing a multivitamin but know that they are getting much controversial attention these days as well. Any ideas?

Looks like Israel grows a variety of local produce for export: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_Israel

As you're post-Whole30, I would focus on all the local produce you can eat (even if it ends up being more fruit than vegetables), vs. taking a multi-vitamin.  It's not like you're going for 10 months: it's 10 days.  Enjoy!

Archived