Starting on Saturday 2/22

Linda P

Hi Linda!  I'm starting my second W30 on the 22nd.  My first time was in October/November 2013, and it was great.  I never had any food cravings, and found that I ate pretty close to W30 so I didn't struggle.  There are definitely some issues I hope to address this time around. 

I started buying up ingredients to do a big cook-up this weekend.  I found that spending a whole day on the weekend cooking up food for the week was super helpful.  It gave me lots of options to choose from, so I didn't just have to eat "leftovers," it made life easy for packing lunches for work, and getting home and not having to think about What To Make For Dinner.  I relied heavily on Well Fed and NomNom Paleo for my recipes.  I set up everything for breakfast the night before, so after walking the dog in the morning, and tending to the chickens, I only have to throw my ingredients in the pan.

This time around I want to evaluate my relationship with coffee.  I don't drink caffeine, but I have relied heavily on coffee to get me from breakfast to lunch without feeling famished.  Perhaps I don't eat enough fat at breakfast, because having 2-3 cups of decaf with coconut oil and a spoonful of coconut cream is very satisfying and filling.  I think it's the mindless nature of my coffee consumption that has me wanting to evaluate.  We'll see how it goes!

Do you have specific recipes for your Days 1 and 2 yet?

You two should hang with jaybird913 and Joyce27and myself so we've got one thread for our awesome 2-22 group! I also love Well Fed & Nom Nom. Just reading your post mKes me hungry for Melissa's delicious Sunshine Sauce.... But not really since I just ate too much of what will be my last chocolate for at least 30 days!!

Archived