Giving myself one last chance

PaleoPlease

I'm giving myself one last chance to start and complete a Whole 30 before signing up with Weight Watchers.  I really want to do this and not weight Watchers as they allot high points for healthy things like avocado and olives. I also have an autoimmune disease, asthma, dry skin, celiac in the family (aunt was diagnosed not mom as of yet), etc.  I'm planning on starting on Wednesday February 26th.  I'm anxious because I have a day off next week and have been planning a visit to Five Guys for about one month now...but I'm going to tell myself that in 30 days, I could have as many Five Guy burgers and fries as I want (which I'm sure I will not want after a healthy Whole 30 :) )

I pray I'm strong enough to do this!

Unless you're planning on dying on Thursday, February 27, there's no such thing as a last chance.  I mean, I get what you're saying, that this is it before you join up with Weight Watchers.  But I'd suggest that you look at it differently.  Instead of punishing yourself with a Whole30, and then punishing yourself even worse with Weight Watchers if you don't succeed at your Whole30, consider treating yourself to a solid month of pampering.  I mean, what other eating plan lets you eat really really delicious food three times a day until you're actually full? 

You can do it. 

Oh PaleoPlease!  I can totally relate to your frustration with the health concerns you've named.  Fortunately you have come to a wonderfully delicious and decidedly healthy plan of action!

I know that you WILL begin to feel a positive change in a bit.  You CAN do this!   :)  Follow the rules.  Keep very well hydrated (I drink herbal teas pretty steadily all day, which is nice this time of the year in New England).  Equip yourself with lots of support such as:

• this forum
  • the Daily E-mails
  • keep a journal
  • read (or re-read) It Starts with Food

​Also, take a pre-Whole30 statistic such as a photo, letter to yourself about what you want to accomplish, weight, measurements, anything you'd like to do again on day 30 so you can compare before & after.  AND DO NOT STEP ON YOUR SCALE ALL 30 DAYS!  

You're going to do great!  Believe that!  I do!   :D

Wow, thanks for the advice, encouragements and votes of confidence. I received the daily emails in the past and have saved them all. I also loved the book and find it motivating. I like the idea off seeing it as pampering. It made me think that the time saved from baking, or going out to buy chips could be used for warm bubble baths or curling up with a book. It's a refreshing thought. I know that prepping and cooking can be time consumming the first weeks. Thanks again for your replies. And i think you're right, i can do it! I will succeed this time!

Archived