First Whole30 - starting March 2

Mudpie57

Hi, Carie,

Doing good. I had a few tired days but it seems to be getting better now.  I had a couple days when I was easily irritated, but I think that's better now too. 

This week I've been keeping meals really simple because we've been packing. We're moving on the 18th, but the food plan is going fine in spite of all that. Whew! We made a bunch of hard boiled eggs so I've been putting them on salad for easy protein the last few days when we get too busy to cook something else up. 

The first week I'd cooked lots of meat on Sunday and that lasted through most of the week. My husband brought in a bag of shrimp and ground moose meat from our freezer today so we'll cook that up and have lots of meals from that. I really think this Whole30 is good for me although I'm sure my body is still adjusting. I look forward to the health benefits from it. Have already noticed less swelling and stiffness in my knees. My sleep patterns have not improved yet, but I hope that gets better from this too (my sleep is very fragmented).

Well good luck everyone on the rest of your Whole30!

Hi everyone!  I started on March 2 as well, but didn't join the forums until yesterday.  :)  Things are going pretty well- I've cooked a lot in advance.  I can't quite manage Melissa at The Clothes Make the Girl's weekly big cook-up, but I do 1/2 on Sunday and 1/2 midweek.  My biggest struggle has been making my meal 1 and meal 2 big enough (and with enough fat) that I don't spend the afternoon wanting to eat my refrigerator!

Glad to hear people are doing well! Go team! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ya'll. Sorry I haven't been around much. We've been moving the last couple weeks but I've been keeping on, keeping on with my Whole30. I had been doing and feeling well but notice that I'm kind of tired the last couple days. Not sure if it's food related or just stress catching up with me. We're getting settled in the new house so maybe that is all. Anyway, a little nervous about the end of my 30 days and the reintroduction phase. Kind of wondered if I should just stay on the whole program longer since not all my health concerns have been resolved. Still have issues with interrupted sleep and skin rashes. I was hoping the Whole30 would help with those. I have noticed my knees are much less stiff than they had been so I'm pleased about that. Also, my jeans feel looser so I think I've lost some weight. I have more to lose there too but I know that will take time. OK well, just rambling thoughts now. How is everyone else doing now that we're down to the home stretch?

tammy

Archived