InslerS' Starting Whole30

InslerS

Missed logging Day 17. Had to finish reading a book for something and got completely engrossed in it and fell asleep while reading before logging. Either way, was a good day.

Day 17 log:

Meal 1 - Missed

Meal 2 - 1 Sweet Potato and Carrot Quiche (made in muffin tin), Grapes, Handful of Almonds

Meal 3 - Leftovers [Chicken Shawarma, Salad (Cucumber/Tomato/EVOO and Hearts of Palm/Tomato/Avocado} and Tahini Sauce]

Day 18. These being up a bunch with my son is starting to wear me out. I end up waking up super early (5:30am) and having to play with him for 45 mins and then he's ready to go back to sleep. So this morning that happened and I wasn't hungry for Meal 1 (partially because I was half asleep still) and decided to just eat when I woke up later. Well my amazing husband took the baby when he woke up for the day (8:30am) and let me sleep in. So again, missed meal 1. I'm going to post on the breastfeeding or troubleshooting forum to see if other people have this issue.

Meal 1 - missed

Meal 2 - 1 Sweet Potato and Carrot Quiche, 1 Coconut Larabar

Snack 1 (while cooking dinner) - Grapes

Meal 3 - Coffee Cocoa Rubbed Beef Brisket (amazing recipe!!!) with Sweet Potato "buns" (and Lettuce cup when I ran out of sweet potato) and Homemade Mayo and Salad (Tomato/Cucumber/EVOO)

Thanks so much for the feedback GFChris. I will definitely look at my portion sizes to see if I'm not eating enough. A lot of the time I have something to eat and then something goes on with the baby and I can't finish my meals completely, so I'll have a snack a bit later. Other times, I'm not that hungry (in the AM mostly). While I wake up hungry, it's hard for me to eat a large meal. Also, since I'm nursing, I know that I need some extra snacks to help with that. I will post on those other forums and see what they say.

Yes, since you're nursing, you could even have a 4th meal.

I hope you get helpful feedback in the other forums.

Day 19 down! Feeling good, but was definitely having some major cravings for cheese pizza. lol I hung in there and the craving finally went away. Slept in again (I've been doing a lot of sleeping in lately).... but only because my son must be going through a major growth spurt or something because he up all night. Also, went to a diner for lunch

Day 19 log:

Meal 1 - Missed (slept in)

Meal 2 - 2 hard boiled eggs with a side salad and 1/2 an avocado. Apple Pie Larabar

Snack 1 - Handful of Almonds and some grapes

Meal 3 - 2 homemade beef hamburgers, Sweet Potato slices, Tahini, Salad (Avocado/Tomato/Hearts of Palm and Cucumber/Tomato/EVOO)

Day 20 done!! I can't believe I'm 2/3's of the way through my first Whole30. Was craving pizza again but I think it was because we were home all day today (since it was a little nasty outside) and I wanted something comforting. It's definitely going to be hard to kick some of these cravings but I do realize they are getting less frequent than before.

Meal 1 - 2 Sweet Potato and Carrot Quiche (Made in muffin tin)

Meal 2 - Apple Pie Larabar and some fruit (grapes, strawberries, mango). I realize I totally didn't eat enough protein at this meal. Trying to get better about lunch.

Meal 3 - Chicken "Parmesan" (made with coconut flour) with tomato sauce and zucchini noodles.

Snack 1 - handful of almonds and strawberries (we had guests over for game night after dinner so not really a snack)

Day 21 is in the books. Fairly easy day food wise.

Meal 1 - Hard boiled eggs with Salad (Tomato/Cucumber/EVOO) and a Banana

Meal 2 - Larabar (wasn't that hungry for meal 2 because I woke up late and ate meal 1 pretty late in the morning).

Meal 3 - 2 hamburger patties topped with mushrooms and onions with sweet potato fries and salad (Tomato/hearts of palm/avocado) and tahini sauce

Day 22 - didn't have a chance to post last night. Here is my log for the day:

Meal 1 - Sweet Potato and Carrot Quiche with Decaf Tea and Larabar

Meal 2 - Leftovers (Shredded beef) with Salad (Tomato/Hearts of Palm/Avocado) with Handful of Black Olives, Grapes and Almonds (I had trouble eating the shredded beef and salad. Not sure why.... every time I tried to eat, I was feel sick and nauseous)

Meal 3 - Grilled chicken with salad (tomato/cucumber/EVOO) and Tahini

Oops forgot to post for Day 23. Not too much going on other than seriously craving cheese (a slice of pizza or a grilled cheese sandwich). My chocolate craving has died down a bunch, which I'm really grateful for.

Day 23 log:

Meal 1: Sweet potato and carrot quiche with deca tea

Meal 2: Seared Ahi Tuna with mango and avocado salad and coconut aminos

Snack 1: Larabar

Meal 3: Moroccan beef stew with salad (tomato/cucumber/EVOO)

Day 24 --- ahh almost done! Started thinking about re-introduction today. Not sure what I should do. I'm going on vacation the day after I finish Whole30 but luckily it will be at my family's home so I can stick to Whole30 plan as much as possible (I'm not going to be cooking so it will be hard to know for sure what is in each dish). Any advice???

Also, started getting sick today. :( sore throat and stuffy nose. Made some yummy soup for dinner which definitely helped.

Here's my day 24 log:

Meal 1: Sweet potato and carrot quiche with deca tea

Meal 2: Larabar (didn't have a chance to grab a real meal) and grapes

Meal 3: Leftover Moroccan beef stew and butternut squash and carrot soup

Day 25. Still sick. Wasn't really interested in eating let alone cooking anything, so it was a leftovers day.

Day 25 log:

Meal 1 - 3/4 a banana and a Larabar

Meal 2 - Moroccan stew leftovers

Meal 3 - Pan seared cod fish with butternut squash and carrot soup

Day 26 --- still fighting this illness. Ugh I'm so over being sick with a sore throat. Hurts to swallow anything which made eating a bit difficult today.

Meal 1 - Slept in (my hubby was amazing and let me sleep in to fight this thing)

Meal 2 - Mango and larabar (could barely eat anything and this was just something quick that I didn't need to make)

Snack 1 - 1/2 banana

Meal 3 - Seared Ahi Tuna with mango and avocado salad and coconut aminos

Forgot to post Day 27 --- still feeling a bit foggy since I'm not feeling well.

Meal 1 - Banana and grapes (totally dropped the ball on this meal. We were running late for an event and there was nothing there we could eat)

Meal 2 - Seared ahi tuna and raw salmon sashimi with mango and avocado and coconut aminos.

Meal 3 - Steak with coconut aminos and garlic glaze and roasted sweet potato chips

Snack 1 - coconut Larabar

Day 28 --- definitely tired of cooking. Doesn't help that I just got over being sick and I'm going on vacation in 3 days. But I'm powering through these last few days.

Day 28 log:

Meal 1: 2 hard boiled eggs, Piece of mango, Larabar

Meal 2: Tuna Carpaccio with Olive Oil and Lemon and Mircogreens. Cup of Tea.

Meal 3: Handful of grapes and 1/2 banana. Salad with tomato, cucumber, avocado and hard boiled egg. 

Snack 1: Coconut Larabar

Day 29. Ahhh the end is so close! Today was a great day. Initially it started out hard because I really didn't have anything prepared but I made it work and it ended up being a fairly easy day. And I prepared enough food that I'll be ok for tomorrow as well, so I'm feeling pretty good about this last day.

Day 29 log:

Meal 1 - Larabar

Meal 2 - Grilled Salmon and salad with tomatoes and avocado

Meal 3 - Chicken Shawarma with Tahini Sauce and Sweet potato chips and salad (Tomato/Avocado/Hearts of Palm/EVOO)

I did it!!! Finished my first Whole30. I really proud of myself for completing it and sticking to it even though there were a few times in the past few days where temptation definitely showed itself. Feeling good overall. Nervous about reintro but I'll be ok.

Day 30 log:

Meal 1 - Sweet Potato quiche

Meal 2 - 3 hard boiled eggs and a Larabar

Meal 3 - Slow cooked chicken with carrots and onions

Archived