I survived dinner out!

AmyS

I've been eating mostly Whole30 for a little over a year.  But usually I ditch Whole30 when it comes to eating out, because it just seems like too much work.  Also, I almost never eat out, so it's not that big of a deal.  I'm really not a fan of eating out, ever, at all, so it's not one of those issues that looms large in my life.  And I don't have any conditions that flare up into disaster with one non-compliant meal, fortunately.  So on rare occasions where I have to eat out, I don't try to Whole30 it. 

But -

Tonight I went to a Japanese restaurant where they serve a large salad of local greens and fresh veggies with every meal.  I got plain broiled salmon and a double salad (no dressing).  I didn't ask how the salmon was prepared, but once I tasted it, I realized it didn't have soy or sugar or MSG in it. 

This means I actually got a compliant meal in a restaurant!

Now, it was way more boring than meals I make myself, but the greens were local and fresh and the salmon wasn't horrible.  I figure I could've done worse.

I came back home and had a side dish incorporating more veggies and fat though.  :D

It's so odd how my views have changed over the last year.  I used to think that eating in restaurants would mean I would eat better than if I cooked at home - even though I rarely ate at restaurants.  Now I really prefer my own cooking to anything I eat at a restaurant.  Who knew?

Haha,I just attempted eating out too! It was great. The place was called Bonefish Grill. I had dry grilled tilapia and a bed of greens. Waitress brought my own olive oil and lemons. Surprisingly delicious!

Haha,I just attempted eating out too! It was great. The place was called Bonefish Grill. I had dry grilled tilapia and a bed of greens. Waitress brought my own olive oil and lemons. Surprisingly delicious!

That's great - mine was not delicious.  But it was compliant.  And reasonably fresh (especially the greens). 

I really think that unless I start bringing along my own seasonings and oils and vinegars, eating out is just not going to be a tasty experience for me.  However, as I said in my OP, I really do like my own cooking - and who the heck knew THAT would ever happen??!!

Archived