being tested/tempted

rock-l

I'm on day 14 of my second W30 and today was the first real day anyone has really tried to test my willpower. My co-workers typically bring in treats or candy every once in a while, but that hadn't happened in a while. Today, my boss called me into his office to offer me some donuts, which I politely declined. Then a co-worker brought in homemade banana bread to which I didn't even pay attention, but then another co-worker said I "had" to eat it and that he would only eat it if I did. I told him I guess he wasn't having any either lol. The best part was I really didn't feel tempted at all. This weekend is going to be a little more difficult with St. Patty's Day and my niece's birthday party (i love cake!), but I know in the end that cheap "satisfaction" is not ruining the progress I'm making. Just wanted to share!

the bread is still the topic of conversation.. the more I say no I don't want it or I'm not gonna eat it the more my willpower becomes stronger and stronger. I'm definitely not gonna let them break my streak for a piece of bread.

Keep on doing what you're doing rock-l ;)

I will never understand those people who try to sabotage others who are trying to improve themselves. It's like they need others to join them in their (bad) choices so that they feel better about having little/no self-control.

Archived