excited to start on 3/17

udid66

Hello all, 

My name is Judith and I decided to start this challenge on 3/17.

For a long time I was searching for a program that would help me clean up my body, and I am hoping that the whole30 will do that for me. 

I did 4 month of the Metabolic Balance in 2011 and felt great. However, since I didn't have the support that normally goes with it, I missed a few key points(like adding oils to my diet) and start loosing hair. 

At that point I started adding the "bad foods" again, and after a few month fell back into my bad eating habits. 

It is time for me to reset!! :)

Hello all, 

My name is Judith and I decided to start this challenge on 3/17.

For a long time I was searching for a program that would help me clean up my body, and I am hoping that the whole30 will do that for me. 

I did 4 month of the Metabolic Balance in 2011 and felt great. However, since I didn't have the support that normally goes with it, I missed a few key points(like adding oils to my diet) and start loosing hair. 

At that point I started adding the "bad foods" again, and after a few month fell back into my bad eating habits. 

It is time for me to reset!! :)

Congratulations! You can do it. Just a few tips if you need them. Check out the Can I have post, timeline and the meal planning template. These are going to help you through your whole30. Plan some quick meals that you can have on hand when you don't feel like cooking. Read labels very carefully, there are very few packaged foods that have compliant ingredients. (like some canned tuna or tea bags). Beware of anything that says Paleo. This is a popular buzz word and people will use it on products that are not paleo or on desserts which are not part of the whole30. You can do this!  http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/.  http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/.  http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf.   

I did it! I got the first day done, and it wasn't hard. Hopefully, I don't fall into the timeline drag on the 6-10th day. :) 

I am just a little unsure about the meals to eat for working out. I usually work out during my lunch, so I had carrots and an egg before the workout and 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes and another egg right after. So I pushed my lunch back a couple hours and ate it at 2:30pm. I guess that works... :) 

Good luck to you too Delnora!! 

Jboswell, the second whole30? How long ago did you finish your first?

Still trying to figuring out the pre and post WO meals, too. This am I got up, had a hard boiled egg (yuk), nursing now and about to get on bike. Just going to do an easy 30 min , rather than a hard intense muscle shredding workout so thinking I'll just roll right into breakfast (sweet pot and Brussels sprout hash) and skip the post wo protein today...

Day 3 is done and I am thankful for it to be over. The last two days I am sooooo tired, I couldn't hardly make it out of bed this morning. I am so thankful for the day 3 email; it was the support I needed today. :) ....hang in there, it will get better!!!! 

I am not really hungry, but I made myself eat. This is really weird, since I usually always hungry and always can eat. I am still having a hard time figuring out what to do with the pre and post workout eating. But I guess if I don't do it 100% correct it won't matter. As long as I eat clean... 

And than there is the added sugar. It is in everything. I looked at three different kinds of organic bacon today, and each of them had some form of sugar added - I can't believe it. I keep reading labels before I eat anything and I am still afraid of eating something not allowed without noticing it. 

I hope you are doing good delnora, just remember to hang in there, it will get better. :)

Hi! It sounds like you guys are off to a great start!

I started my first whole 30 Jan 21st of this year and ended Feb 20th of this year. I gradually added back in dairy and wheat, but that lead to cravings so I decided to get back on the whole 30 again. I also found out that dairy was upsetting my stomach, and I've always been a big yogurt and milk person. Who knew!

Anyway, I usually eat a hardboiled egg and maybe a few nuts or carrots before I workout, although I didn't add workouts back in until week 2. It was just too much when the "carb flu" hit me. I usually work out before a meal so I may add a little extra protein to my lunch or dinner. I love the sweet potato idea!

Yes, beware, sugar is in EVERYTHING!!!! There are a couple of posts on the "Can I have____" boards that mention where you can get sugar free bacon, but they are few and far between. You can find recipes online to make your own sausage if you're into that. The first time I did the Whole 30 I remember standing in the grocery store for 10 minutes reading labels of spaghetti sauce trying to find one without sugar. When I did find one I made meat sauce with zuccini noodles and it was awesome!

Good luck this week, and hang in there! It gets so much better :0)

Archived