Beer Fest

Okay! So I'm not sure if I'm posting this in quite the right place but I thought I'd give it a shot! Before I started Whole30 (on day 22 now!!) my s/o and I bought tickets to go to World Beer Fest in April. We really enjoy touring breweries and tasting beer together and have been excited about this for about a year now. But the idea of carb and gluten overload is stressing me out! My plan is to continue on Whole30 even after my 30 as that I'm still working on my sugar dragon and honestly, learning to like enough vegetables. He and I have already talked about how I want to spend the day on tasting things not drinking the whole world. There will be a lot of amazing food trucks there but from the menus I have seen this far, nothing even close to being compliant. I want to be prepared to tackle this "off plan" day though. Any advice? I have never been to a beer fest before but the boy and his friends usually munch on pretzels all day which I would rather not do. Any ideas for purse stable snacks? I want to be able to enjoy this day and not be so stressed about being off plan. 

Heartoutloud, after your Whole 30 it's ok to kick up your heels once in a while but I wouldn't go too crazy. A beer fest sounds like learning to doggle paddle in the shallow end and then diving in to the deep end with sharks. (This is from the guy who has had two beers in the last three years.) That said, try the beers you really want to try, ones you've never tried before, and, if you haven't reintroduced alcohol/gluten before this then see how you feel for the next couple days and go from there. 

Food-wise, I'd be surprised if you found anything that would be compliant. I recommend you have good jerky on hand.

If this is something you've been looking forward to for all this time, you should definitely be sure to enjoy yourself since you will have already completely your Whole30!  One word of wisdom based on my weekend though... even if you create a plan, it's amazing how things don't go according to it once there are a couple beers in the picture!  I did brewery tastings this weekend, only my second time drinking post Whole30, and definitely found myself munching on pretzels, drinking way more than the "moderation" I'd strived for and feeling horrible!  I think alcohol makes most people make much worse food choices, which is one beauty of the Whole30!

Archived