Intro and figuring out start date

eileenwithane

So hi! I'm Eileen and my husband is Steven, we'll be doing this together. So by default the kiddo who eats foods will be as well.  I have a daughter that is 4 and a son that is 4 months. We live in Northern California.

I just came home from my son's doc appointment and he has a few digestive issues, so I cut dairy out last week. The doc is now recommending I cut soy out as well. Which is fine with me. My husband and I decided last night to start the program on April 6th. He has a buddy's wedding on the 5th that I think he wants to be able to have some alcohol at. I totally get it, but now I'm thinking for my son's health I should start ASAP. 

Which brings me to my question. Should I start in the next few days (I have major pantry prep to do and shopping, because I'm only dairy-free now, and there are a lot of other things I've still been consuming), by myself, or should I wait to do this when the whole house is on board in a few weeks? I would obviously still be dairy and soy free in the meantime. 

I know it is ultimately my decision, but what would you do?

So hi! I'm Eileen and my husband is Steven, we'll be doing this together. So by default the kiddo who eats foods will be as well.  I have a daughter that is 4 and a son that is 4 months. We live in Northern California.

I just came home from my son's doc appointment and he has a few digestive issues, so I cut dairy out last week. The doc is now recommending I cut soy out as well. Which is fine with me. My husband and I decided last night to start the program on April 6th. He has a buddy's wedding on the 5th that I think he wants to be able to have some alcohol at. I totally get it, but now I'm thinking for my son's health I should start ASAP. 

Which brings me to my question. Should I start in the next few days (I have major pantry prep to do and shopping, because I'm only dairy-free now, and there are a lot of other things I've still been consuming), by myself, or should I wait to do this when the whole house is on board in a few weeks? I would obviously still be dairy and soy free in the meantime. 

I know it is ultimately my decision, but what would you do?

That is a tough one. I always do mine alone so I am sure it is helpful to have some support. You might want to test the waters with some paleo meals during these next few weeks. If you want to start now I don't think it will be too hard. You can make most of the meals paleo and then add stuff for your husband that isn't. For example grill a steak, have zucchini and salad. If your husband wants bread he can eat some. Or your husband can eat what you eat and then start his official whole30 after April 6th. Hope that is helpful.

That is a tough one. I always do mine alone so I am sure it is helpful to have some support. You might want to test the waters with some paleo meals during these next few weeks. If you want to start now I don't think it will be too hard. You can make most of the meals paleo and then add stuff for your husband that isn't. For example grill a steak, have zucchini and salad. If your husband wants bread he can eat some. Or your husband can eat what you eat and then start his official whole30 after April 6th. Hope that is helpful.

Yeah, I think I'll start the end of the week and just tell him he can eat whatever he wants for lunches and stuff and have him start full tilt on the 6th. 

Time to start the prep I think!

I'm hoping this helps me and not just my son's source of food. I have tested negative for all the thyroid tests, but have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism (I still have to take the antibodies test to check for autoimmune). I can't lose weight for anything when I'm not pregnant (i lost 25lbs while pregnant). I'm sick of being bloated, tired, and weighted down. I used to have the best metabolism and it's completely shot now.

Archived