momof2osaurus's First Whole 30

momof2osaurus

Ok! Today, 3/18, is the first day of my first Whole 30. So far, I'm still enthusiastic, although apparently my body is a BIG fan of sugar and is already noticing the lack only 8 hours in. Ow my head.

Breakfast:

3 eggs, fried in ghee, over a small sweet potato (chopped) and some roasted red peppers cooked in the leftover ghee. OMG. Delicious. Ghee-licious? Hahaha.

Side note - very friendly Indian cashier at Meijer saw that I saw buying ghee and told me how to make it myself. That was awesome.

Lunch:

Tuna packed in olive oil over salad - half spinach, half romaine. Side of baby carrots. Banana. Couldn't finish the salad or carrots, but I ate as much of it as I could. Not delicious.

Dinner (will be):

Hamburger patty with green beans and...one other vegetable that I haven't figured out yet...cooked in more ghee. At the moment I can't imagine putting more vegetables in my stomach.

I'm a little nervous because tonight is my long class night (there until 10) and I always have a nasty blood sugar crash right around 7 when I'm there late. My plan of attack on this is to eat dinner before I go and then be hyper-prepared for a snack if I need it - I'll bring along two hard-boiled eggs and some almonds, along with a Larabar in case of EXTREME emergency. 

What I've learned so far:

I did not buy enough produce.

Yesterday ending up being ground beef with green beans and spinach and dehydrated onions cooked in ghee for dinner. I DID need all of the snack I took to class, hopefully as I get farther in my blood sugar will stabilize a bit and the crashes won't happen. I was very very tired this morning when I woke up, but I also slept really well last night. And my hands weren't swollen when I woke up, which is great.

Day 2 (so far):

Breakfast:

Same as yesterday. Yum.

Coffee with coconut milk and some cinnamon around 10 AM. Surprisingly tasted really good!

Lunch: 

Leftover dinner, same as last night. This would be even better with some tomatoes thrown in.

Dinner:

Either more leftovers or some chili. Mmmm chili.

Learned:

I LIKE spinach cooked in stuff! Who knew??

Archived