Anyone started eating meat again during this?

cdnj

I'm a recovering vegetarian. :)  I started that lifestyle over 15 years ago because it was the only solution I could find to IBS. The more educated I become in nutrition, the more I realize that it's time to make changes. I've always struggled with weight and I'm sure the starchy veg. protein contributed to that.

I've been eating fish for about 6 months now. I can't say that I love it unless it's from a restaurant.

This is day 12 for me and I've been tired all week. I just put my food log into Cronometer and I came up low in iron. Thinking it's time to take the next step.

I read Eating Meat: A Primer for the Meat Challenged and looked at some posts from a while ago when members said they were either thinking about or starting to eat meat again but no mention of how it went. I was just looking for some results from people who have been, there done that. 

Thanks!

I was a vegetarian and then went from no meat at all, including no fish, to just fish and sometimes chicken. Even still, I only ate meat about 2 times a week and lived on black rice, beans, yogurt and sweet potatoes. I find I am having a hard time with eating so much meat all of a sudden and I think I am going to try to eat more fish than poultry. I don't think my system can handle any red meat as I have not eaten red meat in over a decade and to be honest, my body has such a hard time digesting it.

Fish is all about flavor and cook time. I ususally bake all my fish in the oven in olive oil and I squeeze the juice of two lemons on it. Fish really absorbs the flavor nicely and I prefer fish to any other type of meat. It is also way easier for my body to digest.

:)

Archived