Lovesmatt29 -- Third Time is a Charm!

lovesmatt29

Well, this sucks.

I'm pretty sure that I can never have sugar again.  Like an alcoholic.

So Saturday was awesome, day 19.  I was all bouncing along happily and a bit smug about my success.  Then I got a reminder from Groupon to use my certificate to Extreme Meltz (gourmet grilled cheese!).  I had every intention of going on Sunday and just not getting anything, but getting stuff for my husband and kids.  Well, so much for that.  I had a grilled cheese and then of course needed something sweet so I had half a chocolate chip cookie and a small mocha.

Then today I had chocolate covered pretzels and pancakes and it's clear that without rules I'm a crazy person.  I will never touch my vegetables and just sit around eating chocolate all day if I can get away with it.

So, here we go and I'm so sure I need additional boundaries in my life that I'm doing a whole45 this time. 

Tomorrow is day one.  Sigh.

Well at least you made it to day 19. How did you feel after you ate all that stuff? I started my 3rd whole30 yesterday, maybe we can bring each other luck. I am trying to avoid coffee, snacking, and reduce my consumption of FODMAP foods. This is really hard because it includes avocado, onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, apple and pears. I am also trying to drink 8 glasses of water a day. We can do it!

I'm at Day #9 and its been tough, definitely pat yourself on the back for making it to Day #19!!!!!  I came [this close] to giving up yesterday.  On my way home from work I debated with myself on whether or not I wanted pizza for dinner or just eat a few bowls of cereal and peanut butter toast.  Really!  I'm not kidding.  In the end, I held strong and made flounder with southwest seasonings and cocoa roasted cauliflower (so yum if you've never tried it).  Again today, I had those thoughts about giving up.  Keep it up!!  We can be strong together!

I'm at Day #9 and its been tough, definitely pat yourself on the back for making it to Day #19!!!!!  I came [this close] to giving up yesterday.  On my way home from work I debated with myself on whether or not I wanted pizza for dinner or just eat a few bowls of cereal and peanut butter toast.  Really!  I'm not kidding.  In the end, I held strong and made flounder with southwest seasonings and cocoa roasted cauliflower (so yum if you've never tried it).  Again today, I had those thoughts about giving up.  Keep it up!!  We can be strong together.

You are not alone. Have you checked out this post. http://whole30.com/2014/01/do-you-really-want-to-quit/. Most people quit around day 10. Stay strong. You Can Do It.!

Thank you so much to everyone who wrote comments!  It really encourages me to hear that I did do well and to hang in there and keep going and I appreciate the heroin comment because sugar addiction is REAL!  It's not my imagination.  

Today I have been pretty grumpy because I let the sugar monster out so I'm having cravings again.  I toughed it out.  Here's what I had:

Breakfast: Matcha green tea, avocado, sausage, eggs

Lunch: Tuna on mixed greens salad with olive oil and salt dressing, blueberries and avocado.

Dinner: Same as lunch but no avocado.

I'm a creature of habit and it really doesn't bother me at all to eat the same thing over and over.  I actually like how it simplifies my life to have two or three things over and over for a week and then pick a few other things to have and start the whole rotation over again.

I've been pretty grumpy and not  very gung ho these past few days.  This annoys me because before I fell off the wagon last time I was super motivated.  It's annoying.

Anyhow, here's what I ate today:

All three meals:  Spaghetti squash, meat sauce, avocado and almond milk with matcha green tea (except for dinner no green tea and almond milk).

I have one more serving of the spaghetti squash so I'll have that for breakfast and then I'm on to a new rotation that includes sweet potatoes.  Yay!

Ugh.  I have a pretty serious sweets addiction, that has become clear.  I'm seriously wondering if I should be doing the 21 day sugar detox level 3 instead.  I had a sweet potato for breakfast and found myself craving another really badly and then I skipped my whole30 template lunch to have two more, and then had more when I got home and then washed it down with a Starbucks Frappachino, because I was thirsty and craving more sweet so water wouldn't do.  I've been reading about how serious sugar addiction and I think I have it far worse than I could have imagined.  Basically half a cookie on day 20 of my whole 30 and I've been a junky every since.  Even on the days I didn't eat sugar I was grumpy and irritable and wanting sugar all day.  There was no excitement or zest to being on a whole30.

I'm going to take the next few days "off".  I plan to stick to the whole30, but I'm not going to officially say I'm on it either.  More than anything I need to reevaluate and decide if I should be eliminating fruit and sweet potatoes too and just focusing on having a good attitude.  I think I'll probably start back up on April 1st, but I want to take the next few days to breath and get in the right place mentally.

Archived