Cabbage recipe?

• Moderators

I love the Braised Red Cabbage recipe from Chez Panisse Vegetables. Nom Nom Paleo has a post with the recipe.
It's delicious!

I also chop/slice it up and sautee with onion until soft, then add thinly sliced apples. Cook til apples are tender, then add cooked ground meat. Season with salt, pepper, a little cinnamon, maybe a bit of sage.  Scramble an egg or two right in, or top with a fried egg.

This is from my log:

I dug deep for motivation and whipped up a very tasty lunch: heated about 2T. coconut oil in a pan until pretty hot, added sesame, fennel and cumin seeds- about a teaspoon of the sesame and a bit less of the rest. When the seeds started to pop, I added 1 1/2 onions (sliced thinly) & cooked them for a bit (5 minutes?), then added about 1/5 of a cabbage head and about 1 c. asparagas, cooked them for a while uncovered, then covered. I tossed some garam masala on top, stirred in a can of tuna and once heated, dug in! I almost ate the entire pan. I finished up with 5 macadamia nuts... which I should probably stop adding to every meal!

*** Since then, I have made it using quite a it of cabbage (pretty much as much as I can fit in the pan) and without asparagus or tuna. It is really good that way too!

Archived