Anybody here eating a low histamine diet?

I had many tests ran for trying to figure out the hives.  Started with the general ANA markers and looking for other markers to explain.  I saw an allergist and ran blood tests, 2 different Rheumatologists, and then finally the head of the Allergy, Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology clinic at UC Davis in Sacramento.  In the mean time I also did heavy metal testing with my naturopath and IV Infusion therapy none of which helped completely.  The chronic urticaria diagnosis comes when it lasts longer than 6 weeks I think by default.

Good luck to you!  I can eat tomatoes and curry now!

I had many tests ran for trying to figure out the hives.  Started with the general ANA markers and looking for other markers to explain.  I saw an allergist and ran blood tests, 2 different Rheumatologists, and then finally the head of the Allergy, Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology clinic at UC Davis in Sacramento.  In the mean time I also did heavy metal testing with my naturopath and IV Infusion therapy none of which helped completely.  The chronic urticaria diagnosis comes when it lasts longer than 6 weeks I think by default.

Good luck to you!  I can eat tomatoes and curry now!

I chelated several years ago with my son who is on the Autism Spectrum.  I am going to start it up again during summer vacation.   I hope that is part of the puzzle! 

I have not had a full hives outbreak in over 3 weeks.  I think emptying my histamine bucket was the key.  I was eating a ton of high histamine foods on a daily basis.  I ate a tomato based meat sauce a few days ago without hives, but I did feel 'hot' so I guess I am not there quite yet.

Still, so encouraging to not worry about developing a case of hives every morning when I get out of the shower!  Bleu cheese is still not my friend.   :mellow:

My hives only lasted 90 minutes, but I constantly had other symptoms like hot hands or ears or a tingly jawline.  

Archived