Newbie started April 4

Peaceknitty

Started my first whole30 on April 4th - starting day 8 today and will be perusing the resources for inspiration for breakfast! My downfall is breakfast - I'm not necessarily craving the scone and latte, but I'm not inspired. I do feel better - much better than I have in a long time.  Thankful a friend told me about and loaned me "It Starts with Food"!!

I second a sweet potato hash/eggs combo. The hash is easy to make ahead and reheat. I also like to add some broccoli and homemade mayo to any sort of egg/sweet potato combo. 

I also like to make a frittata or eggbake to eat throughout the week -- chorizo/sweet potato/spinach, ground turkey/shredded carrots/shredded zucchini. It takes the thinking out of breakfast for the week. I usually add a veggie and some fat to that to make it last. 

I went through a phase of loving to drink a cup of silky ginger zucchini soup (Well Fed 2) with my breakfast, too. I plan to start that up again this week. I like that it's an easy way to add a veggie and it helps fill you up. 

Archived