boxermom

Good morning from sunny FL.  My husband and I are starting our Whole30 today.  We are very excited and nervous. 

As I sit here typing, they are having a buffet breakfast at work this morning.  However, I am not caving.  My husband made a chicken sausage fritatta for meal one/breakfast this morning and we're having leftovers for meal 2/lunch.

I am 37 years old and have lost 65 pounds on Weight Watchers.  Through that process, I was able to come off of blood pressue medication.  However, I now have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease and have been unable to continue to lose weight despite staying within my points and being active.  I am on medication for my AI disease.  I also constantly fight with joint pain and am seeing a spinal doctor because I've been unable to work through my pain after four rounds of physical therapy and a cortisone injection in my hip.  I am no longer able to run because of the pain.  I am a marathon/half-marathon walker though.  I just walk through the pain.

My goal through doing this Whole30 is to take back my health and not continue to run down the road my immediate family is on (MANY health issues - gout, diabetes, heart disease and more).  I want to feel better and I want to not be obese anymore.  I want to live a long, healthy life with my husband.  My husband who went through WW with me and has lost 120 pounds and has run 6 marathons since becoming active, has agreed to do this Whole30 with me.  We are a team and I really appreciate his support.

Archived