Meagan's Log

meaganp

This is my official start day on Whole 30. I just came off a 21 day challenge where I learned how to eat Paleo and do modified Crossfit. Yesterday was my start day for Whole 30, but the Easter candy got the best of me. Now I'm ready to officially start.

Here's the plan for today:

M1: 2 boiled eggs, tomato with basil and olive oil, banana

M2: 2 chicken tenders wrapped in bacon, 1/2 sweet potato, almonds 

M3: skirt steak, broccoli, 1/2 avocado, apple

I am open to any suggestions and input. I'm worried about fruit, I think I usually eat more than I should. So any opinions would be great!  

Welcome Meagan!

I wonder if you're getting enough protein?  When eggs are your protein, the serving size is the number you can hold in your hand: that might be more than 2 for you?

Otherwise, the protein serving is 1-2 palm sizes.  I'm thinking 2 chicken tenders is barely enough?

Confirm that your bacon is compliant: no sugar, sweetener or other nasties.

Feel free to have the whole sweet potato at lunch: aim for 1-3 cups of vegetables per meal.

I was worried about not getting enough food, but then I thought I was probably over thinking things! I also must have misread about the eggs because I thought it was however many fit in the palm of your hand. I'm sure glad I put my meal plan up or I may have continued to make these mistakes. Thanks for the help!

Day 1

M1: 3 eggs, spinach, tomato, olive oil

M2: Turkey, mixed greens, almonds, 2  slices bacon, 1 paleo egg (avocado deviled egg), watermelon .....We had a paleo potluck at work

M3: 3/4 sweet potato, olive oil, ground beef w/ tomato, onion, and bell peppers

I finally was able to get through a day without going home and eating Easter candy (I'm looking at you Wednesday!). I was starving on Wednesday and made horrible decisions. Yesterday I felt full all day long and was even able to come home and cook and not feel like I needed to eat everything in the kitchen! I feel like now that I am eating more veggies (aiming for 2 to 3 cups) and protein I am able to stick to the 3 meal plan and not feel deprived. I'm glad I didn't give up after two failed first days!

Day 2

M1: 3 eggs, broccoli, almonds

M2: turkey, mixed greens, avocado, watermelon 

M3: steak, sweet potato, pistachios, apple 

I woke up with a headache yesterday, but it went away pretty quickly after I ate. I feel like once I was able to get through the first day it got easier. I passed up fresh warm krispy kreme that  co-worker brought in. I wasn't even tempted by it! 

Archived