Excited! Scared! Can I do it? Whole30 Day 1

LizzyF

Only day 2 for me but today I actualy felt great. I was so busy at work and I didn't feel the need [granted I didn't have the time] to cheat with the treats usually around at work. Had my food with me and I ate that and bypassed JUNK food. Even if I did have to "eat on the run"!

And my hubby even ate my beef/zucchini/tomato dish I made for dinner! Maybe in time he will "come around".

Now for exercise....that's another story. Somehow after working all day, coming home to workout, just doesn't appeal to me. But I do know I have to get back into the groove for that. In the past a good workout made me feel great. Love to power walk but it's been too darn hot here this summer. [Poor excuse, I know]

Anyway day 2 comes to an end and I'm ready for day 3. Bring it on!

Hang in there everyone!

Day 5

First..

WOO HOO Pattylynn! Sounds like you had a good Day 2. I too love to power walk! Where abouts in Illinois are you? I am in Joliet. It would be fun to walk together sometime. You are right about the heat this summer! I've been lucky being able to get out and walk EARLY since I work from home and don't have to "dress up" at the crack of dawn for a regular office job. Now that I have started some weight training again I want to hang onto some of the walking and not lose that entirely. I haven't walked the last few days! Yikes! I am really just trying to put my main focus on changing my food to Whole 30 and if exercise happens, fine but if not, I'm not beating myself up about it.

Didn't sleep very well again last night. Not sure what's up with that. Sigh...

The Plan for today:

B: Eggs & Turkey (yah I know - where are the vegs???)

L: Bison / veg skillet, mixed fruit

S: HB Egg if desired

D: Leftovers - either country ribs + vegs or bison veg skillet, grapes

I need to sit down and really find some interesting recipes and get my ingredients in order. I don't feel well organized with my meal planning at all. Since every meal is fresh, I've got a lot of learning to do. If all else fails there is tuna salad!

I have a meeting at 8 this morning. Drat. Actual work. I would rather delve into more ISWF and meal planning and inspirational reading here!!!

OK. So I gave some thought to that meager breakfast, and how I could have made it better with things already on hand. I could have cut up the other half of the avacado I had yesterday, and then sliced a tomato on the plate. That would have taken a rather hum drum thing and made it much more awesome for a cold & fast breakfast! Also, I keep forgetting I got some kimchee the other day. That would have put some pep in that boring turkey. I'm making note of this so I can come back to it if I have a brain freeze down the road! (which I'm sure I will!

My Bison / veg skillet ended up being more like bison veg soup. Well, not really soup either. Bison veg stew! I love doing that. I browned the meat with garlic, onion and chili type spices. I skinned and cut up tomatoes fresh out of the garden. I added a bit of extra tomato juice and a bag of shredded cabbage and carrots. That was GOOD!

Also got lucky at Sams this morning. They had organic raspberries and blackberries 1) in stock and 2) at a good price. I showed restraint buying as few as I did since I am trying to keep my fruit portions small right now. Those were yummy with lunch!

We'll see what is left for dinner since i have a 5PM meeting and DH is sure to pillage the fridge before I get home!

Hey Lizzy! I'm from Stillman Valley [small town south of Rockford] so you're a bit too far from me. Darn! But you are lucky to be able to walk early with all the heat. I'm up early for work but not enough time for walking before I head up to Rockford.

Sorry you're not sleeping well.....all I want to do is sleep! But work has been so busy I just come home, fix dinner, and plop on the couch for a little tv....then off to bed. Today was not good as far as how I felt [carb flu I guess] but I haven't had any cravings really and stuck to the plan well. My goal is to make it through this first week, then see what next week will bring! I'm off Friday, but work the weekend, so not a lot of time to "mess up" this week! [at least I hope not]

Here it's only 6pm and I'm thinking bed already.....!

Ack. Had some unexpected stuff happen this afternoon and ended up out of compliance. So tomorrow I will start my count over again.

What I learned:

PLANNING is something I have to get better at, and that includes having contingency plans when things change at the last minute. I will have plenty of opportunity to practice these new skills as I go along!!

Mean time, the people at US Wellness got back to me and SF bacon should be back in stock Friday. I can't wait to place my order for that and a few other things they carry I want to try.

Pattylynn I'm glad to hear you are rolling along with no cravings!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

I am going to focus on NOT beating myself up for not being perfect. This way of eating is a radical change for me at this stage of the game and getting it wrong for one meal does not equal failure. Right??????

Don't be beating yourself up Lizzy. Today is a new day and you CAN do it!

I woke up in a "fog" this morning....have a feeling this day will be my worst so far. And tomorrow I'm off and typically I'd comfort myself with food....and I'm reallly going to mis my Friday night glass of wine. And I need to go grocery shopping tomorow and I'm really going to need to stay away from those "comfort food" aisles! Think I will be sure my son is with me to keep me in line!

So off to work I go!

Have a great day everyone!! And LIzzy, hope you slept good last night!

Today is a new day! On another thread we were talking about taking things one day at a time, and a poster talked about doing "Whole 1" over and over. I think I'm going to try to view it that way - WHOLE 1 for today! Repeat!

I reset my e-mail support thing last night and got the "Day 0" e-mail right away, but the Day 1 e-mail (which would have been a repeat) did not come. I thought maybe I needed to do something with my "profile" and I ended up accidentally re-setting it again, and getting Day 0 again when I should be on Day 1. Sigh. I can always find a way to bungle up these technical things. If anyone sees this and knows of a way to get back onto the correct day for e-mails, please let me know.

Pattylynn - I think it's great you are thinking ahead to your upcoming trigger situations and making a game plan. Taking your son with you on your shopping mission sounds like a great idea!

My plan for today:

B: Egg/Egg White (still have some)/mushroom, onions, peppers scramble cooked in coconut oil. 1/2 small avacado on the side.

L: Bison / veg soup, 1/2 avacado, berries & cantalope

S: HB Egg & tomato if I'm hungry

D: Baked lime mustard chicken, broccoli, small serving sweet potato, grapes

I really need to dig deep and find a way to stop this saying "effit" when something unexpected disrupts my day - find a way to stick to my plan anyway. I deserve it. Sometimes it seems like I punish myself for crap other people do.

I am also noticing this morning that my mood is depressed this morning. Just yesterday I was talking to DH about how GOOD my mood was. This mild depression is a result of sugarcarbies, I'm sure of it. More reason to keep working towards a healthier relationship with food and ME.

Help! Today I started out well, had scrambled eggs with veggies, 2 slices of bacon [nitrate free] and a plum for a snack. I feel awful...like blood sugar drop and very tired. Felt good most of the week. And I'm off today from work and need to accomplish something. Also heading out to grocery store soon and very afraid, if you know what I mean. My son will be with me to keep me in line, but really all I want to do right now is go to bed. Yet I am determined not to fail!

Don't give up Pattylynn!!! I do know what you mean about the grocery store. Stay close to your son, and maybe when you get home you should take a nap - it sounds like that is what your body is asking for!!!

I made it! Found my healthy stuff in grocery store. Finally felt better after eating some protein with fat. Now I just have to behave when the family comes over for dinner. Boys grilling burgers. Have some veggies to saute, but I'm sure I will be missing my Friday night glass of wine.

Almost through day 5!

Hi Pattylynn! Congrats on making it through the shopping and the afternoon. Glad a little protein + fat did the trick for you. I hope you are having fun by now cooking out with your family. I hope you put some sparkling water in you favorite wine glass along with some fruit slices! I hope that felt special!

LIzzy-that idea with the sparkling water is cool. Wish I had read it earlier! But next Friday nite I'm doing that! I made it through day 5 with a bit of a struggle, but non the less I made it! And today I got called off from work and it is a beautiful day here! Had some leftover veggies with some chicken already. Feeling fantastic. Going to church later on and keeping this day in sync! I hope I feel this good the rest of the way, but I'm sure there will be struggles ahead. But feeling like I can conquer this for now!

Day 9 and still going strong. Hard to believe I've made it this far. I never stick to any kind of "diet". But I'm feeling great and can't actually beieve I am enjoying my vegetables! And one rule I did break....get on the scale. But have lost 4 pounds so makes me want to keep on going! Hope everyone is doing great! It is so worth it to get our bodies healthy!

Archived