Started 5 days ago..

staceD

Hi Nicola-la,

I am gradually feeling better. I am not as dead in the afternoon, but still crash after 4 or so. Waking up is not easy yet either. 

My gut started feeling much better after I tried taking an enzyme blend and raw probiotic. I have started reading 'The Paleo Approach', which helps to understand a bit more all the things that are happening to our bodies. According to that book it takes about 2-4 weeks to heal the gut unless there is a dysbiosis present. In this case it takes 6 month. Have you been looking into the paleo approach direction? 

By the way, we are not eating any eggs or dairy for about a month now. Our main step with Whole30 was to eliminate all grains, beans and added sugar. Both me and BF had a very rough last week, he had to take a sick day off work, but much better now.

Hey guys! I'm doing ok-i'm not tired during the day at all I'm just feeling like i'm on another planet sometimes-and that gives me anxiety and makes me scared but it doesn't last all day, just different times. I always feel my best after I eat something. I definitely think our brains and what we eat are related!

hang in there guys!

Day 14

Me too StaceD!!

Bloating too. Don't feel as unwell today though. Have also started to cut out high FODMAP foods as well as nightshades.

I understand your fear of being depressed again. Thinking is important. Anxiety has its origins in thought. Anxiety about anxiety is no fun state of mind x x 

Half way there yay! I am slowly starting to feel better. Yesterday I managed a very long day on 4 hours of sleep without coffee and without crashing. Today was a bit hard to wake up, but still energy levels are good and I might attempt going to the pool today. So far I only tried strength training on whole30 and it went as usual. No crazy amounts of energy though, just feeling more contempt with the program. New habits are settling in as well. I went into a regular supermarket for the first time in 2 weeks and had a very tough time haha. I was completely lost, not used to shopping like that anymore.

That's great daiquiry! Glad to here things are on the up and up!

I still have no energy-which I find strange b/c I was hoping my workouts would be better but I'm completely uninspired. 

Nicola-la you're exactly right-anxiety about anxiety is a big fear of mine and it is happening. Not sure this is worth the 30 days. I may modify a bit. But i've learned so much. I know I don't need sugar but something is missing and i'm not feeling well. Tomorrow is day 17

That's great daiquiry! Glad to here things are on the up and up!

I still have no energy-which I find strange b/c I was hoping my workouts would be better but I'm completely uninspired. 

Nicola-la you're exactly right-anxiety about anxiety is a big fear of mine and it is happening. Not sure this is worth the 30 days. I may modify a bit. But i've learned so much. I know I don't need sugar but something is missing and i'm not feeling well. Tomorrow is day 17

StaceD don't give up! I feel awful. I keep modifying the food (eliminating more) and when I find balance and a sense of wellbeing I shall start introducing things again. I am on day 15. I committed to 30 days and I will do it. I really want to give it a chance to work.

Are you eating enough? Are you adding fat to every meal? Are you snacking? Are you drinking enough water? Is there any stress you can reduce? I saw a good article about stress and will power. I will go and find it and post the link.

And if I haven't asked you before, would you like to join a small facebook group? There are some lovely people on there and they can help to support you through this.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/whole30experimental/

Hey!

I'm not giving up-I'm modifying like you and I've really noticed my habits changed for the better which is great. 

Water I do have to get better at-

I'd love to join the FB group, thank you!!

Archived