Started 5 days ago..

staceD

Hey all!

I'm excited to be here. My husband and I started Whole30 5 days ago. I think it's going really well. I realized I'm not eating big enough 3 meals and instead snacking a bit with nuts or an occasional fruit but I hope I didn't do too much damage because of that. I have to work on that.

Anyway, I always thought I was being healthy because I already source my meat from my local farmer, as well as vegetables when I can but I had NO IDEA how much sugar is in things-even my vanilla extract!

So this has really been a big eye opener-and I'm grateful for that.

Something my husband and I are going through: we are EXHAUSTED. I mean, like a truck hit us tired. I had a really bad headache for a few days but today it seems to have subsided. My mood, however, is quite peaceful and I feel mentally great, I just feel like I could sleep for days. 

Is this normal? Will it subside?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks guys! Tina you may be right-I realized from the PDF you attached that i'm not eating 3 meals-I am grazing throughout the day and I don't feel satisfied. I haven't strayed from any Whole30 foods-just not eating them in the correct capacity.

Tomorrow is a new day, right?

Hey Nicola-

I'm feeling pretty good! I think I need to limit my oils and nuts a bit but otherwise I think this is really great. I'm trying not to weigh myself either because i can feel that being an obsession and I know this isn't about weight-I just have a lot to lose and I want to make sure I'm not eating too much of some things, etc.

How are you doing?

I have put my scales in a bag, tied it up and put it in the attic! ;)

My main focus is health. I have been ill a long time. So, how do I feel? Bloody awful!! Like I have flu.

I feel fine mentally - optimistic, hopeful, determined. Enjoying the food. Looking forward to feeling well!

What day are you on? Day 8? What day did you start to feel better?

That's a good idea to put your scale in the attic!

I felt like that for a while-i'm glad you're doing well mentally though and optimistic-that's great!

By the end of the day i'm ready for bed but maybe that's a good thing. I think getting used to the normal energy we are supposed to have is something to get used to. (As opposed to sugar or carb driven...?) 

I'd just love a big burst of energy and clarity and I haven't gotten that yet. It's day 8

Hi StaceD and Nicola,

I have started on the 25th. It's great that your experience is so great so far. Mine is a bit rough and I feel all the carb flu symptoms plus more. I guess to much damage to my body.

Same here daiquiry - I feel awful! All my symptoms (from before this) have flared up big time. Joint pain, blocked sinuses etc

Hopefully it will ease soon though eh? 

Hi everybody, I'm on day 6 and am feeling really good and inspired.  I even made it through a pot-luck luncheon at work and didn't cave.  I have autoimmune thyroid issues - Hashimoto's and am committed to make it through the conversion from my old way of eating to the new me!  I have to work on the amount of food I'm eating because I'm hungry a lot.  What is everybody's favorite veggie staple? 

Same here daiquiry - I feel awful! All my symptoms (from before this) have flared up big time. Joint pain, blocked sinuses etc

Hopefully it will ease soon though eh?

I have the same issues so far, but let's stay motivated because we want things to eventually go away. My boyfriend is my motivation as he started his elimination diet of certain irritants 2 month ago and he feels and looks great. He needed more restrictions, and we decided to try whole30 together. He has barely any complaints and calls me a sook haha.

Hey ladies!

My husband is doing this too and says he feels great but we're all different. For the most part I feel good but I feel a bit lightheaded and kind of out of it-i'm eating everything I'm supposed to but I think i'm not drinking enough water or getting enough sleep and that can be part of it. 

I'm sure you guys will start feeling better soon-i've read this is great for autoimmune issues. I also read on here a moderator said it can take up to 2 weeks before you start feeling better, so we're almost there!

Kimmy that's great you made it through a potluck luncheon!

I love vegetables i'm not sure what my favorite would be-i try and eat a big salad 2 times a day and for dinner usually a salad as well as a roasted veggie. Tonight we're grilling and i'm roasting sweet potatoes in coconut oil and we're having a green salad.

Day 8 for me. A little bit less painful getting out of bed (yay!) but still feeling rotten like I have a virus and should be in bed!

I have been eating a lot more broccoli and cauliflower, and greens in general. I love carrots because they are so sweet if I need something like that (I gave up fruit for three weeks before this when quitting sugar so they became a little treat)

I love love love cucumber slices with cashew nut butter. An occasional treat - very sweet and like a dessert.

I keep a jar of roasted root veg in the freezer. When my kids need something quick I give them a couple of pieces and they eat them like icepops!

StaceD - there are several autoimmune disorders in my immediate family and I have a couple of disorders considered by some to be autoimmune related. I have recently heard of the AIP diet so I may give that a go if this doesn't help. I've given up tomatoes and peppers as of today because I read that nightshades can cause joint problems. I am optimistic, and am used to feeling awful, but this does seem to have flared my symptoms up.

Hi everybody, I'm on day 6 and am feeling really good and inspired.  I even made it through a pot-luck luncheon at work and didn't cave.  I have autoimmune thyroid issues - Hashimoto's and am committed to make it through the conversion from my old way of eating to the new me!  I have to work on the amount of food I'm eating because I'm hungry a lot.  What is everybody's favorite veggie staple? 

Good girl!! Keep us posted (if StaceD doesn't mind) on how your disorders improve (or not) but they WILL!!!

I have the same issues so far, but let's stay motivated because we want things to eventually go away. My boyfriend is my motivation as he started his elimination diet of certain irritants 2 month ago and he feels and looks great. He needed more restrictions, and we decided to try whole30 together. He has barely any complaints and calls me a sook haha.

I have just learnt the meaning of Sook from some girls I met in a Facebook group (on quitting sugar) so I was able to appreciate this post ha ha. (I'm in the UK and had never heard of a sook before!)

Nicola-la,

If you have autoimmune issues you might look into items like eggs, almonds and spinach as well as green beans. These things are individual, but I have heard about these sensitivities from the few people who had their tests done. Luckily my b/f has no reaction to nightshades at all. I am not sure about myself, but I started rotating all veggies few month ago.

By the way today is morning of day 8. I just had the best sleep in weeks. I couldn't wait to get to bed last night. Bf stayed at the gym late last night because had extra energy. I definitely have more energy today so far, finally an appetite and no interest in coffee.

That's great Nicola that you are feeling better each day-yay! Yes keep us all posted! 

Today isn't a good day for me to gauge how i'm feeling as I was up until 2 am last night working on a project, then went to work, then I'm up now working and in between I got 2 kiddos! So whatever exhaustion i'm feeling I would say is to be expected.

Tomorrow i'm going to try and go for a run and hopefully get a good night's sleep. Send me sleepy vibes please :)

FYI-I went to the gym on tuesday but it was so early in the morning I didn't feel like eating anything and it ended up being just an ok workout. By the end of the house I was completely out of energy so I think especially on Whole30 it's important to eat before any activity.

Keep in touch!

Hi everyone! It' day 9 for me and I have quite a but more energy, but taking in easy this weekend. I want to try a workout today since I wasn't able to workout since last Sunday. My mood is great and my boyfriend is keeping me entertained. It's his turn to be a sook today, I guess carb flu took longer to hit him.

That's great!! It's day 12 here and this morning I'm finally feeling very 'present' - i've been kind of spacey feeling and very nervous about that. I have struggled with anxiety and depression in the past so I'm just super conscious when my mood is changing-i tend to think the worst, you know?

I'm also cutting down on nuts-I think i'm eating too much of them.

My husband has lost lbs in 10 days! me, almost 4 but I can't compare. I'm also trying not to snack in between

meals.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hey Guys,

I have started April 30th. I am feeling better when expected.I had a headache the first 2 days but then it went away. I feel like I eat too much eggs and protein as well, I think maybe I should limit it and swap to more veggies. I survived through girls night out yesterday without any ALCOHOL  :D , It's the biggest challenge because I love a glass of wine with dinner and a cocktail on the weekend. need to learn how to have fun sober...right?

I feel so determined, I am so sick and tired of being overweight, I just have 30 lbs, but they are going and coming for years. I want to be an example for my kids. My Son had a project at school they have asked him "What would you wish for your Mom?' he said "Endless life.." I want to leave up to that.

I want a quality life without aches and pains, mood swings, irritability and cellulite))) Last one maybe hard :rolleyes:

Good luck to all of us!!! 

Have a great Sunday!!!

StaceD,

4lbs is very good for less than 2 weeks!

I feel spaces out myself too. Our friends came for a visit yesterday and asked if we were both stoned haha. We just blamed it on the carb flu:)

I doubt that I will loose any weight on this, but its not my goal. I sleep too much these days any way. It's day 10 and I would like to wake up soon all.

Anastasia1,

People here report very good success with their positive lifestyle change.

Anyway, nap time again...

Hi all. How are you all doing? Did you get some catch-up sleep StaceD?

I am feeling worse again! Have had a sore throat since about day 3. Really really bloated today. Gut rot! No energy. Headaches etc! When did you all feel better?

x

Archived