So far... so GOOD!

jtee

Started my Whole30 on May 12th and 8 days later I am still going strong!  My energy is already up and my mindset right now is just a "walking around feeling good" kind of thing... sort of like I'm taller and more aware of my body and how it feels.  Hard to explain really, but it is making me smile a whole lot more. 

My general day is eggs/avacado/fruit for breakfast a green salad with lots of veggies, olives and chicken with olive oil/vinegar for lunch and chicken/fish/steak with a sweet potato and steamed veggie for dinner.  I've have done a lot of carb cutting and such in the past (Atkins, etc), so omitting the grains wasn't as awful for me as others... not having cheese, cream in my coffee or beans has been the biggest challege.  Not so bad actually, and I have come to love my coffee black now!!  Who'd have thunk??

Still having some challeges with sticking to three meals without snacking... old habits are hard to break.  So far I have allowed myself some nuts or a piece of fruit if I am peckish, but that seems to be subsiding a bit now, it was probably more of an emotional craving than hunger. 

Will definitely be roaming around the forums looking for tips now that I have found this site.  I will provide additional updates as I progress in my journey!  Loving the support I found here :)

Starting weight:  228 lbs.

Welcome! Looks like you're off to a good start!

For best results, build each meal to fit the recommended template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and and a compliant fat. Don't let fruit push vegetables off your plate.

If you are genuinely hungry in between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal that includes a protein and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30.

Save your 1-2 daily servings of fruit to have with or immediately after your main meals only.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished my Whole 30 on Tuesday!  Dropped 14lbs, a whole pants size and two notches on my belt.  Can't believe how good I feel and how much I DON'T miss grains.  This was a life changing event.

Archived