Started sometime this past week... and need help/advice!

ajanm

Thanks for all the receipe ideas!

I meant to say thank you earlier but... life got in the way... and as of today, I'm restarting my Whole30.

By "life," I mean I caught strep throat (first time in my adult life) from my son's daycare (interestingly and lucky enough, he didn't get it... but I might need to stop hugging and kissing all the other kids! lol).

So come Sunday I was a wreck, and luckily my step-mom was around to help take care of me, and for dinner, all I was having was some rice and beans and then yesterday I had some bread and was eating whole30-like the rest of the day. (I got on meds on Sunday and yesterday was feeling much more like myself)

So today is new day #1!

The good news... tuna and mushy avocado make a good breakfast for me. I could probably eat it every day except for all the advice against eating certain kinds of fish too many times per week.  I've also been able to allow myself to eat my hardboiled eggs over the sink for breakfast #1 (and then no need for breakfast #2) - my son is old enough to know that when I say stay out of the kitchen because I'm eating something that can make him sick, he stays away. :)

...and my step-mom taught me how to eat tinned sardines. I love all fish... can't believe I haven't been eating these my whole life!

Since I got off the wagon... I allowed myself to get on the scale.  Hey - I was off plan anyway for a day or two! And I was pleasantly shocked. I knew the number was going to be lower, but it was slightly better than I'd hoped.

That's about it... I'm likely going to start lurking on the recipes board and might chime in there from time to time.

Thanks again!

-AJ

(and good luck to the other newbies who might be reading this post for posterity)

Archived