TPW's W30 Success - YAY!

Whole30 went great, if not "dull" because it was so easy & effortless for me.

Day 31

Sleep - good, but didn't get tired until 4 A.M.!! So only slept 5 hours.

Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder is what I am choosing to reintroduce first; I do NOT like eating eggs or meat first thing in the a.m.

M1 - Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder blended with Greens First, organic spinach, water, fresh ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, unsweetened cocao. YUM!! I missed this!!

M2 grilled chicken breast, BIG bowl raspberries w/coconut cream strawberry balsamic dressing I made

M3 The Best Chili Ever, 

had 3 oz prosecco. Didn't do anything bad, didn't feel particularly good either. Kept forgetting about it, took a long time to drink that little amount (CLUE)

DAY 2 non-W30 - I don't really care to eat much that isn't W30, other than my protein green drink in the morning.

Sleep; wonderful! 8 hrs.

M1 my green drink shake with egg white protein powder YUMM

M2 turkey spaghetti squash casserole, bowl raspberries w/strawberry balsamic cream

Today is I think 8 days after. I want to make notes about some off-roading/re-introducitons.

The Jay Robb Egg White Protein powder is a WINNER! Thrilled to just have a green shake in the a.m. again.

Had 4 oz prosecco, noticed I just felt a little less clear, sort of "off." I guess that's just what alcohol does, but it didn't seem pleasant. Another day I had 3 oz red wine & my right sinus got stuffy. Bah humbug, I really like red wine. But again, don't know that I enjoy the EFFECT alcohol has!

Thurs attended a dinner party, had champagne & red wine & a chocolate bar with caramel filling (weird, because I'm not much into chocolate bars). The next I felt sluggish, a little depressed, fuzzy-brained, no motivation to do anything, Also noticed right sinus got a little stuffy at the red wine. UGH.  

Fri ate W30 compliant (+ green shake) all day to "make it go away." Whew! felt better Saturday when I woke up, went to barre class.

Sat beginning my period. Another dinner party. No alcohol, mostly W30 items, but had 3 TBSP of white mashed potatoes, 4 TBSP beef gravy (that was probably made with bleached flour, not sure), and 2 medium-sized chocolate chip cookies for dessert. 

Today (Sunday) is the "serious" period day. I felt a little stiff upon wake-up. There's a very slight ache in my fingers, and I felt "fuzzy" and had a slight headache until mid-afternoon, not as clear-headed as I've gotten used to. I can't tell if this is because it's the BIG period day, or from ingesting some flour and sugar last night.  At a restaurant this afternoon, I had W30 compliant food + a small handful of white breakfast potatoes cooked in vegetable oil, otherwise W30 items.

The dinner parties are OVER, no more being at the mercy of others' cooking/serving for at least a week. I can say I'm not particularly enjoying anything off-road other than my a.m. greens shake. I do notice that having sugar twice this week (the chocolate bar and the cookies) makes me LOOK at sugar things again... I DON'T LIKE THAT! I was really enjoying having no pull to those things.  I'm not sure what's "worth it," but def not that chocolate bar, nor cookies that involve either raisins or walnuts!! (I don't like either in cookies)

Intro notes. Been having the same shake each a.m. Had steak dinner last night at restaurant. All compliant, with 2 gl red wine. More below on that. 

Thus far still haven't had grains except Sat night's dinner with a bit of gravy & the 2 choc chip cookies.

No other grains. 

No beans.

No dairy.

Had sugar twice - the chocolate bar night & the 2 cookies. Nothing more. It made me begin to notice sweet things, I think. I have also used stevia in a couple of things. I am not sure if that too stimulates a desire for sweet, so I am choosing to use it far less than before W30, as I really like having very natural things taste sweet (like sweet potatoes and coconut milk).

Had alcohol 3 x  -  the over-wined dinner party, a strawberry mimosa cocktail, and the 2 reds last night. Last night I really paid attention to what I was feeling. It was a nice relaxation. I barely felt anything through glass #1, then glass #2 was really more than I wanted to feel & my tolerance for 2 gl is lower. Felt like I had to push through a fog to communicate when before was effortless.

Today, the next a.m., I felt a slight bit of "harder to get out of bed" when alarm went off, but had lots of water, took a workout class, & I don't feel anything else.

In general today: I MIGHT be more "brain fog" than when on W30. But right now I want a short nap. I felt pretty crisp earlier today like soon after workout class.

Archived