My first whole 30 (UK)

Pdy246

Hello everyone,

I started my first whole 30 on 1st August. Before that I was eating primal (somewhat) but not paleo. So it's new to me to cut out dairy. I've also cut caffeine for this whole 30 to make it clearer just what foods were doing what to me.

I'm on Day 9 now and starting to feel good. Woke up this morning at 6 am and didn't feel tired. Probably the first time in years. (I have four young children, and I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding or both without a gap for eleven years. I home educate all of them so v busy, and have interrupted sleep at night. I thought my morning tiredness and afternoon slumps were down to my lifestyle, but it seems its all down to food. Well, well...

The first week I was tired and had terrible headaches, but not sure if that was caffeine withdrawal maybe, and then I came down with a cold (a virus going around), which was accompanied with a headache, so it's difficult to say what was what for the first week.

Now I feel good. Energy levels are stable throughout the day, and I feel hungry first thing in the morning. This is a first for me, and I still can't make myself eat an early breakfast.

I've noticed some improvements already - my nails are strong, my dry itchy skin issues are healing, my energy is high and stable, and my skin feels soft and healthy. I might be a bit leaner too - my arms feel quite toned.

Good luck to everyone on your journey,

Paula

Hi Paula,

I'm another UK-based home educating Whole30 newbie :D I started on the 31st July, having never tried primal or anything before. I've surprised at the lack of headaches etc. I thought I would experience *a lot* of sugar and wheat withdrawal. I hope it carries on this way!

Jo

Hi Paula,

I am also doing my first Whole30 (on day 9 too!). Been eating primal for several months but noticed myself slipping a little. Thought the Whole30 would be a good way to get back down to business. I also had to give up dairy for this challenge but I drink my coffee black so I do have a few cups every morning. I have been tossing around throwing it out too but without the dark chocolate and occasional red wine I think it may send me over the edge! I love waking up feeling like a new woman! Sounds like you are doing great!

Archived