July 1st Start....maybe

CompleteinHim

Hi there I came across the Whole30 plan from someone who started following me on Pinterest... After reading their blog and the results achieved by switching her whole family to the plan had me hooked.

My husband (profile picture) is currently recovering from a bad case of pneumonia brought on it was later found by an acute kidney infection from very large kidney stones (8cm is the biggest one we found out last week!) in both kidneys. He was in intensive care for 2 weeks and on dialysis for a week - pretty scary stuff but by Gods grace we got through it but I knew that we needed to change the way we ate. So I brought the book, joined the forum, and have been looking for places to source "clean food". I am very nearly at the end of the book and have been slowly getting the rest of the family (hubby and 2 boys aged 15 & 11) ready for the change on the 1st of July.

However my concern or question is although I plan to start on the 1st July I have a work day out on the 4th July and we've planned to go out for a pub lunch and bowling. I've looked at the menu online and I'm not sure whether it's worth trying to stay on plan or just postpone the start date until the 7th...? As I don't want to inadvertently eat something I shouldn't and have to start all over again.

(I'm not sure how to attach the link to the menu but if you want to check it out just google "the canonbury pub islington" in the UK)

Francoise

Make it a Bowling event instead of an Eating and Bowling event.. Maybe bring your own lunch along?  Or eat before?  Your gona have these obstacles come up within your 30 day time span.. Might as well get on the horse now and learn how to navigate.. Steak and salad is always a choice.. 

Archived