Hi Everyone,

My name is Jan-Marie, and I started my weight loss journey in December 2011 at 275 pounds. Through calorie counting and exercise, I lost 90 pounds in my first year. Since then, I've been stuck in the 175-190 weight range. I'm 5'8" and a size 8 and have come to love running. But I still don't feel healthy because I've gotten here eating not the greatest foods. I've suffered from migraines for most of my life and think it could be a result of not only the junk food I used to eat, but now the "diet" food that I eat with artificial sweeteners and processed chemicals. I have stalled so much in my journey to better health, and feel like Whole30 could definitely be just the change I need to really reach my goals. I'm a very active blogger on SparkPeople under the username BobcatGirl76 and am looking forward to documenting my journey on there. I hope to see some great results and look forward to feeling better!

post-48139-0-49110100-1404615523_thumb.j

Wow, great for you! I never did well with calorie counting which is why I am so inclined to start my Whole30 journey. I too have lost some weight (although with HCG injections) and really want to focus on my eating all around. I have done weight watchers in the past with a bit of success, but felt that I was always looking for ways to sneak in some kind of fake sugar treat that is WW friendly. I wish they pushed more natural products on you instead of their weight watchers approved things. Ah well. Good luck! Anyone who can lose that much weight by calorie counting has a good chance of succeeding with many challenges. Its hard!

Archived