intense stomach cramps for 3 days

mauisadie

Hi..I'm on day 10 and been 100% compliant..or at least that's what I beleive.

Tonight after dinner with my family I barely got home and broke out in a major sweat with intense abdominal cramping. This has happened for 3 days straight now but today was by far the worst.

Any explanation?

It's hard for members to give advice without any information about your current food log for the past few days and how much water you've been drinking.

If you've been eating a lot of nuts lately that could be the culprit.

So post a couple days of your food intake and others cangive you some possible explanations and what uto change.

Thanks for your feedback. Here is what I've had over the past 3 days.

Friday:

Breakfast: mixed fruit ..watermelon, apple, mango

15 cashews

Lunch: Salad with Turkey. Argula, tomatoes, black olives, celery, organic turkey breast, olive oil, balsamic vinegar.

Dinner: homemade turkey soup. Carrots, onions, celery, organic turkey, red hot

sauce.

2 coffees

10 glasses of water

30 min walk

Saturday:

Breakfast: bananas, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut oil.

Lunch: exact same as Fridays lunch.

Dinner: cauliflower, broccoli, ghee. Beef tenderloin.

2 coffees

8 glasses of water

30 min walk

20 min elliptical

15 min weights

Sunday.

Breakfast: Same as Saturday

Lunch: beef tenderloin, salsa, olives

Dinner: beef and pork fajita meat, guacamole,salsa, Pico de gayo.

2 coffees

6 glasses of water

Lots of sun.

Thxs for your help.

Um...where's your breakfast? Fruit and/or nuts is NOT breakfast. No protein, no veggies...that's not breakfast. Eggs with sweet potato, sausage with wilted greens and roasted mushrooms...that's breakfast. Even zucchini soup with leftover brisket is breakfast. Fruit salad and a few nuts isn't.

Make sure you are eating your three meals according to the template: a palm (or two if you're active or nursing) of protein - note that nuts are a fat source, not a protein source on Whole30; a thumb-size or more of fat; and 2-3 cups of veggies (more if it's lettuce).  I suspect your intestinal distress in the evening begins with your breakfast.  It can be challenging for some folks to consider breakfast as a meal based on something other than sweets and carbs, but it's worth the effort to change our mindset around this.  Think of meals as Meal One, Meal Two, and Meal Three.  Each meal based on the template.

It's entirely possible that the combination of a great deal of fruit early in the day, nuts, and veggies like cauliflower and broccoli (especially if not cooked), could cause significant intestinal discomfort.

Try eating according to the template, reduce nuts and fruit significantly, and eat veggies cooked - and see what happens over the next few days.  And report back to let us know how it goes and if you need more tips.

Eat up and all the best!

Guest WholeStanley

Are these three days a bit of an exception or is that typically what you have eaten for the whole 10 days? Also what were you motivations for doing a whole30?

Archived