The New York City Personal Injury Lawyer's Pre-Wedding Whole 30

ChuckEsquire

Will try to give a bit more biography/background on why my finacee and I have chosen to do the Whole30 to get in shape for our upcoming wedding (September 27) when I can, but here are the highlights: we are both lawyers, we have both completely lost our bearings when it comes to healthy eating habits, and I am a powerlifter who habitually eats like someone who lifts heavy, 3-4 times per week, but now only has time to do that 1-2 times per week if I'm lucky.

We started our Whole30 on Sunday night, after getting a FreshDirect delivery of items selected by cross-referencing the shopping list with what was on sale that week.

Day 0.1 (just dinner)

Skillet Chili with Kale, Spinach, and Onion

Adapted this excellent recipe from whole life eating (http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2012/01/skillet-chili-with-kale-spinach-and-onion/), using 2 lbs. of grass-fed organic stew meat instead of ground beef.  The results were excellent and gave us plenty of leftovers for the next day.  We also had a cucumber and tomato salad that my fiancee whipped up, using salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a dressing.

Day 1

Breakfast: Meatified's Breakfast Meatloaf with Fried Egg (http://meatified.com/slow-cooker-breakfast-meatloaf/)

Lunch: Leftover skillet chili with cucumber salad

Pre-workout snack: whole avocado dressed with lime juice, with a few bites of the breakfast meatloaf for protein

Dinner: Pan-seared organic heritage chicken with sauteed kale, spinach, carrots, and cucumber salad.

Day 2

Breakfast: Breakfast Meatloaf with Fried Egg

Lunch: Leftover pan-seared chicken with cucumber salad.  I didn't have enough left for a full lunch, so I bought a small spinach salad (with tomatoes and onion) at Walgreens, threw away the "balsamic vinaigrette" with added sugar, and combined that with the leftover cucumber salad and a whole avocado.

Archived