Newbie starting Today!

kcarsella

I have read everything there is to read about the Whole30 and have been fascinated by all of the success stories and how it's changed peoples lives.

I have two children, one is 3 and the other just turned 1. After my first child, my body bounced right back to normal in no time. After my second child, not so much. I retained SO much fluid with both of my pregnancies and ended up gaining 100 pounds with my second pregnancy, all of which 30 pounds has been lost. Not only am I trying to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes-I want to just live a healthier life. Since giving birth, I feel very sluggish, like I don't have as much energy as I used to. I had a very big baby and I can definitely tell the toll it took on my body.

I have been doing Crossfit for about 6 months now. I fell in love with it after the first workout and have been going strong ever since. This has been life changing. Prior to Crossfi, I never really had a stable workout routine. I would workout doing a certain thing, but would easily get bored and it wouldn't last long term. So now I finally have found a workout that I absolutely love, but it's doing nothing for my body without good nutrition. I believe good nutrition builds the foundation for everything you do in life. Working out is worthless without good nutrition, raising kids is a LOT harder without good nutrition, etc. I think I tend to get too wrapped up in our busy lives that I opt for "easy" food. Since I started Crossfit, I also started using Marks Daily Apple meal plan. They email you a weeks worth of meals at a time and recipes. These are great, however with the primal way of eating, it allows you to have a lot more dairy than strict paleo. I'm not a huge fan of that aspect so I try to eliminate milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. out of the recipes. I also started having a hard time with the recipes becuase some of them are very inricate and could take up to two hours at night. Don't get me wrong, for anyone wanting to try Primal Blueprint, it's great, I just don't have that much time at night to spend in the kitchen.

I am very excited to be starting this new life, but am a bit nervous as well. On top of starting the Whole30, I have also decided to make a few other daily goals for myself. I am horrible at drinking enough water, so I've made it a goal to drink 80-100oz of water daily, take my fish oil daily, get 8 hours of sleep and read a bible passage daily. I figured if this is my time to go "ALL OUT" with the Whole30, I might as well make some other life changinging habits at the same time.

I have made a journal to keep track of my day-to-day goals.

Archived