started July 12!

Blair

Hey all!

So I started my first Whole30 this morning.  I wanted to start on a Saturday because the weekends are always when I lose my healthy eating habits.  I've been a meal planner and a "healthy eater" for awhile, but it always seems like I'm never full until I've had dessert after a meal.  I cave into cravings way too easily, and my weekends seem to be day-long grazefests.  If there's a dessert in front of me, I can't resist it.  The biggest reason I'm doing a Whole30 is so that I can feel in control around food.

So far today's been okay--I'm a bit tired now but it might be because I forgot to drink coffee today!  Also, I've been hungry, but I really think it's just because my body's wondering why it's not snacking.  Seriously!  I had a great lunch, but afterwards I was still hungry and I think it's just from habit!  After lunch is where things always go downhill!

Anyway, such a long intro post, but it feels good to finally make the concious decision to take control.  I'm nervous and excited all at the same time--and terrified of the first time a big cravings hits! 

Wish me luck!

Hey Blair - good luck!

I figured starting on a Saturday would be better for me too - the weekend would generally be when most of my excesses would occur but I would have more focus to tackle it. Monday morning, with all the stresses and distractions that come with back to work and back to school, didn't sound like a great time to also be dramatically changing my diet.

Anyway - hope to see you at the finish line :) All the best.

Day 1 went down pretty well--a few hours after I made dinner, my husband decided he wanted a cheesesteak from this restaurant my family goes to every Saturday night.  I always want to go but he isn't the biggest fan of hanging out with my family (typical in-law problems, I guess, since I feel exactly the same way about his family!!), and of COURSE he wants that food the first day of W30!  He ordered take-out and brought it (and the best fresh-cut fries in the city!!) home, but strangely I wasn't tempted at all--probably the first day high, or something. 

My energy was really weird and spotty throughout the day--sometimes I just wanted to lay on the couch and sleep, other times I was ready to clean the whole house.

This morning, I woke up ravenous!  I drank a bunch of cucumber water and made some coffee.  Breakfast was an egg "burrito": eggs scrambled with spices, paleo bacon, and red onion, tucked into a giant leaf of Boston lettuce with tomatoes and guac.  It was surprisingly delicious! 

I hope today goes as smoothly as yesterday.  I don't have many hangover-like symptoms yet--just a slight headache, but nothing major--but like I said, I had a pretty decent diet prior to Whole. 

Today's goals: meal plan and hit the gym!!

Oh, and clean my house from top to bottom.  Anyone else feeling the need to purge their environment as well as their bodies?!  Haha.

Sounds like things are going good. I started yesterday too! We can do this. I do find myself yawning quite a bit and I did have a small snack this afternoon because I was starting to get a headache. I took the yolks out of a hard boiled egg, mixed them with 1/4 avocado, little mustard, little homemade mayo and some salt. Had them as deviled eggs. Seems to be helping.

Your burrito sounds awesome. I'll have to try it!

Thanks, Kaylward! Your eggs sound amazing--might have to try that during a snack attack. I've had to snack a little, too, so I've been munching on almonds and dried apples. Amazing how little it takes to hit that spot, though!

Archived