July 14th start for Hubby and Me

ParsleyandSage

I recently saw a doctor to discuss my worsening allergies, and a string of viruses and subsequent aches and pains this spring. She suggested I look into this, and I'm glad I did. Rather than just singling out the few known allergies I have to soy and gluten, it's time to look at the "whole" picture of my lifestyle with food. The "sweetness" in this so far, is that my husband has jumped right on the bandwagon with me! No prompting whatsoever on my part. In fact, it turned out to be revealing and even kind of fun to empty out our fridge and cabinet on the 13th to prepare. (Sugar in my beloved Tomatillo sauce...who would have thought?) Day 1 went better for me than my hubby, because I was home and could be thoughtful about this.  Deprivation definitely not the point here...already can see how important planning will be in the month ahead...I have a birthday coming up too... Oh, I bought a mini chalkboard that I propped atop our kitchen island and wrote the dinner menu on it....Cajun chicken, Mashed Cauliflower, and Tossed salad with herbs. It, and the dinner, were a hit.

It's good to see some other folks started on July 14th. We're riding our "Tour de Whole 30' together. I woke up late and tired today, but not surprising, since I had a spring season filled with colds and allergies. I'm grateful I've got some time to rest/reset right now.

I like the daily emails I'm getting too. I'm one of those that hasn't been hungry at all (not even a hunger pang as the next mealtime approaches). It made me think last night, that I need to pay attention to proportion today. A palm full of protein, fill the rest of the plate with veggies. I may be going a little too heavy with the protein, for my smaller body type anyway....

The congrats videos are great...Peace, Love, and Understanding....taught by a dog, a cat, and a mouse.

Archived