Starting 2nd whole30 August 1st and just found I'm pregnant

Hi all, I'm looking for some supportive moms( or moms to be) that are also doing an august whole30.

I'm overweight so I want to make sure I gain little to no weight while pregnant and just want to give this baby the best start possible.

Also have low back problems so want to make sure my inflammation is under control.

I had great success with my first whole30 in February of this year but have since gone back to my not so healthy ways. Sugar is my biggest demon.

Would love to hear some pregnancy success stories particularly with some similar circumstances.

Best,

Morgan

Hi!  I am also pregnant and thinking about starting a Whole 30.  I did one back in September, lost 10 pounds, and felt fantastic.  I, too, went back to my not so healthy ways, and sugar is definitely a demon of mine, too!!  I generally have an "all or nothing" mentality that I just can't seem to shake.  I am currently 23 weeks pregnant (due in November).  I started my pregnancy at a much higher weight than I would have liked, and I have already gained about 17 pounds.  Since I am overweight, I probably shouldn't have even gained that much for the entire pregnancy, and I still have almost 4 months to go.

I started a whole 30 when I was about 10 weeks pregnant I think, and I only lasted about 5 days.  I had such strong food aversions to meat and vegetables; all I wanted was carbs, carbs, carbs.  I ate a bagel every day.  The aversions are gone, but my bagel eating days are not.  I'd be happy to be your buddy through this journey!

• 2 weeks later...

We sound so similar. Just got back from vacation and I'm terrified of stepping on the scale. My husband said we should start whole30 today so I guess we are. I'm hoping to make it 60 days. Will evaluate at 30. I know that I felt so great at 30 last time but quickly slid off the path. So I feel like I will need longer.

I've already gotten the, "are you sure this is safe while pregnant" questions from my mom. My reply was what is unsafe about eating meat, veggies and fruit?

I've been getting my morning sickness mid afternoon. Which is convenient, after lunch, before dinner so I'm hoping that won't interfere with following the meal templates.

Went shopping yesterday, going to spend today making ghee, mayo, and chopping veggies.

Looking forward to how I felt the last time.

I was thinking about doing the August Whole 30. I'm almost 12 weeks pregnant. I'm still having some morning sickness, which is what might stop me. All I want is carbs too. :/ I did a very successful Whole 30 last September and haven't been able to keep it up. I've even tried a couple of times to start another Whole 30 without much success. I only want to be putting good, nutritious things in my body though, especially after the first trimester carb fest. 

I also want to start the Aug whole 30 and am 7 weeks. I did one at the beginning of the year and really felt great but feel back into bad eating habits after. I also have been craving bread and cheese! I'm not too nauseated so I think I can do it :) so here's to all of our journeys

Also 7 weeks along. Feeling pretty uneasy about starting tomorrow, not as prepared as I'd hoped to be, but I'm going to go for it. I've been wanting pasta a lot this week. So need to get over that. I'm nauseous from about lunch to dinner time daily. So hoping to eat lunch before it hits and then be feeling better by dinner time. 

Best of luck to all on their Aug Whole 30!

My husband and I technically started a new round 2 days ago, but my morning sickness is so bad at 6 weeks every thing makes me want to throw up and I don't think this is going to go well. I will likely just have to stick to mostly paleo with a few things to settle my stomach :(

Archived