Starting Aug 25th

ashe789

This time around, I have been feeling pretty stable, which is telling me that perhaps, I wasn't as far off on my diet as I may have thought...or at least that is what I am currently telling myself.

With that said, during my first time round last year, my wife and I were so irritable without sugar - carb based or otherwise - we compared it to when we quit smoking. We were that unpleasant.

It truly amazes me how sugar is so pervasive in our lives. 

Day 3 is over. So far, so good.

I'm wondering if any of you are feeling the "hangover" that is mentioned for days 2 and 3?

I was pretty tired on days 2 and 3.  Today, day 4, I feel exhausted.  I kept yawning through my morning meetings.  I'd like to lie down under my desk and take a nap. Or on my desk:

heromockup_2_1_1.jpg

Good thing is I've stayed pretty darn well on track.  I did have a banana with almond butter about 2:30 this morning because I woke up ravenous and could not get back to sleep.  Technically that food is allowed, but midnight snacking is probably not the best idea from a hormonal perspective. :)

I was pretty tired on days 2 and 3.  Today, day 4, I feel exhausted.  I kept yawning through my morning meetings.  I'd like to lie down under my desk and take a nap. Or on my desk:

heromockup_2_1_1.jpg

Good thing is I've stayed pretty darn well on track.  I did have a banana with almond butter about 2:30 this morning because I woke up ravenous and could not get back to sleep.  Technically that food is allowed, but midnight snacking is probably not the best idea from a hormonal perspective. :)

Hilarious!!!

How is everyone going? I'm feeling great so far! Bloating has basically dissapeared. I'm usually always complaining about something but I've been feeling really great. I am struggling a bit with breakfasts, I'm missing fruit based breakys. But I am loving some of the other meals I've been having. Like slow cooked shredded mexican beef with green salsa and sweet potato chips..... YUM!

I'm really bummed out to report I have to start over.  After 7 1/2 really great days, I went on a carb binge.  I had a really stressful and frustrating weekend, and I had a 5-day migraine that just wouldn't end.  So yesterday evening I ate 3 big pieces of cornbread with butter and honey, 2 pieces of cheese pizza, half a bagel with cream cheese, 5 potato chips, and a cup of blueberry yogurt.  You might wonder why all this food was in my house.  We had houseguests last weekend, and the cornbread and pizza were leftovers from restaurant meals with them. I bought the bagels and cream cheese for the houseguests to have for breakfast.  The chips were for them too.  Yogurt is always in the house for my daughter.  

So even though I have to start over, the week was great because it showed me I *can* do this.  I overcame a number of obstacles that I wasn't sure I'd be able to. I went to book club and just had sparkling water and salad and chicken while the other ladies had wine and bread and rice and chocolate truffles.  I went out to Mexican with my husband and daughter and had water and steak and salad while my husband had margaritas and chips.  I went with our houseguests to pizza and had water and chicken and asparagus while everybody else had pizza and cocktails.  So all this is good progress.  

See you on some other boards, and good luck to you!

Archived