August 13: Day 1

momto3

After several half-hearted attempts, today I officially begin my Whole30. I actually managed to fit in some strength training this morning before the kids got up. I know workouts will be hard the next few weeks until school starts. Post workout I had 1 hard-boiled egg. I will have 3 more eggs plus a half of a tomato and a tbsp of coconut oil in my coffee for breakfast with the kids at 7:45 or so.

Off to start the day!

Thank you so much! I wasn't expecting anyone to even read my post, much less respond! It makes me feel so good to have this support. My problem with my other attempts has been being way too hard on myself. Like if I am hungry and want a snack I would say, "Well you aren't supposed to be snacking anyway so you can't do this and you might as well have something you aren't supposed to." And then I would end up hinging on terrible food.

Another huge issue for me is that one of my seven-year-old daughters is having a really hard time going to sleep. I've tried everything and she ends up just screaming and I worry she is going to wake her twin sister and brother. It's been so stressful for me and has caused a lot of issues between me and my husband. I have been binging on sugar at night to self-medicate.

That website looks really helpful...thank you so much, Derval!

So far so good today. For lunch I ate an entire can of TJ's sockeye salmon...that's close to 1 cup! Is that too much? I started off with just half but was still hungry. I mixed it with a tbsp of ghee, some lemon juice, celery and olives and wrapped it in lettuce leaves.

I was totally fine this afternoon...didn't even feel the need to get an iced decaf coffee when I took the kids to Starbucks this afternoon to get treats!

For dinner I had leftovers grass fed ground beef with steamed brocolli slaw's pasta a d TJ tomato sauce. On the side I made a cucumber and avocado salad with some EVOO and apple cidar vinegar dressing.

Now comes the tough part...the evening and night. Going to be strong!

Archived