Holy Cow I Cannot Believe I Am Doing This...

ezzirah012

I am sitting up my food log for my first attempt at the whole 30. I am kinda nervous getting off sugar, I am so very addicted this is going to be rough. But I am going to give it a go....

I am throwing out bad carbs out of the house today and see how bad I feel wasting all that money, but better the trash than my thighs I suppose. B)

Eggs here I come! LOL...I need omlet ideas....

actually, food wise, I hope to start today...but it is my husband cheat day and so I don't know how that is going to go. I tried to start the other day, but work lunches got in the way. Yikes.....

I am also badly addicted to sugar and I love to bake. However I haven't had sugar for 16 days and I feel so much better. I definitely found the first few days hard. Stay strong, the cravings will lessen and you will start to feel benefits are the first week. 

Good luck. 

You can do it! Planning and preparation are key. There's always going to be things that get in the way of a perfect easy start time. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and come up with a plan (and then a backup plan) for the roadblocks you face.

Fighting the sugar dragon can be a challenge. It helped me to write out some goals I wanted to achieve on the whole30. Then, whenever I wanted to eat that non-compliant item, I could look back at my goals and remind myself why I'm doing this. It will be worth it to not feel controlled by sugar!

Have a great whole30 :)

Just remember the harder it is for you to give up a particluar food is your body's way of telling you that that is the food that is the problem. The first few days can be hard. I used some sweet tasting herbal teas to help me get through it. Just make sure they don't have any stevia or soy. Good Luck!

Archived