Like other people, I'm having energy level issues

This is my second Whole30 - and the first one was actually really amazing. I had high energy levels, I felt good... I was eating less actual food than I'm eating now, and putting in some serious time at the gym. Yet this go-round I'm... not. I feel like I've hit a standstill with my training due to depleted energy levels and I can't tell if this is a mental or physical block.

Here's my food log: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/1942-julenes-august-whole30-log/

Ignore Day 12 - Whole30 or not that's probably the first time I've been ill-equipped to eat for an entire day. I drink lots of water, sometimes have black coffee when I get up. I worry that I am eating too much fat (1-2 thumb sized servings? Yeah right. Double that per meal = 1/2 an avocado+)

Also: I really, really miss my PWO protein shakes. Eggs are just not cutting it.

I worry that I am eating too much fat (1-2 thumb sized servings? Yeah right. Double that per meal = 1/2 an avocado+)

You may not be getting enough fat! If you have a copy of ISWF revisit the meal planning chapter (ch 16). One serving of fat is 1-2 thumbs (tbsps) for oils and butters. Olives & coconut meat/flakes it is 1-2 open heaping handfuls. Nuts/seeds: up to one closed handful. Avocado: half to one whole avocado.

So really you are only having 1 serving of fat on the lower side of the scale... maybe try increasing your fat/protein a little and see if you energy levels return?

Good luck!

Thanks - when I do olives it's usually 3/4 to a full can, depending. It's hard to ensure I'm getting all the veggies with 1-2 palm sized protein PLUS that much fat.

I'm wondering if 4 meals a day would be better than 3, especially if I'd like to be lifting heavy.

Archived