Starting tomorrow morning on 8/24/2014

Steph1972

I'm June and I'm starting tomorrow, also. Let's do this! I'm a 2nd grade teacher in Jacksonville, Florida. I've only made it to Day 5, then the carb demons get me! I'm ready to refocus, commit and get to the other side. In just 5 days, my aches and pains are gone, and inflammation is 75% gone. This really works!

LexiD.

Hi! I'm June, and that's what happened to me today. I'm restarting tomorrow. I CAN tell you--it wasn't worth it! My body felt watery, I had bowels irregularities (if you know what I mean), and I was lethargic ALL afternoon. I had ChickFilA's spicy chicken sandwich, fries and a diet dr.pepper. I don't even drink soda. It was too sweet, and I traded it for unsweet tea. That falter led me to more junk eating this afternoon. I'm not doing it again! Stay strong!!! We CAN slay this carb and sugar dragon!! Hang in there! You CAN do it!!

I was on day 7 yesterday and feeling like a million bucks (and sometimes incredibly tired or irritable) when a friend offered me a glass of wine, which I accepted. It was COMPLETELY enjoyable! All this during our annual camping adventure with our husbands and 5 kids (3 of those are mine).

Tomorrow I'm starting all over again, a new commitment to myself. I am the only one under this roof following a Whole30, so I'll really benefit from extra outside support. 10 days ago I was a vegetarian, now I'm a grass-fed beef junkie.

Today was officially my first day, after I became clear that I would need to restart to be able to complete the Whole30 with integrity. It takes a special fortitude to make pancakes for the kids, a kale smoothie for my husband and

swallow a few eggs and grilled mushrooms for myself, but every day gets easier. Was grateful to be able to find this forum today, to share with an understanding audience!

**Big news!!!** I bought a paddleboard tonight (Amazon, end-of-summer clearance). It arrives when my Tiger Blood kicks in. YAY!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I am amazed how I feel! My energy level is up, and I sleep like a baby! People are starting to notice at school now. This morning I tried to find my favorite capris. In desperation, I grabbed a pair I had never been able to wear. I tried them on, and i was amazed, they fit! They were not tight and zipped easily. I tried them on 3 weeks ago, and they wouldn't even zip up! I am so excited about all the non-scale changes! I'm making Whole 30 recipes, and even experimenting with new blends on my own. It's so much fun!! The sugar demon has raised his head, but so far, I've stayed strong! Yesterday, there was a baby shower at my school. I'm good friends with the teacher having the baby. She said, "Oh my Paleo friend, I'm feel so bad all the food they have are things you can't have." I told her not to feel bad, all those things make me physically sick, so it's not difficult to resist. By the way, I had 3 pieces of brocolli and 3 baby carrots-not dressing or dip--and it was great! I came home, made my dinner, and was grinning from ear to ear, knowing I stayed true another day on my new way of eating! 

Congrats on staying away from the treats at baby shower girl! The word you felt was "EMPOWERMENT" because I have felt that for the last 14 days since we started this awesome journey. I admit I caved and weighed myself. I was just sooo curious. Down 10 lbs. I too am extremely clear in my head. More energy and feeling like I could live like this. Can we have balsamic vinegar?

Archived